Buttons are a fun flexible activity for kids. I was introduce to the idea of doing more with them in The Happy Mommy Handbook: The Ultimate How-to Guide on Keeping Your Toddlers and Preschoolers Busy, Out of Trouble and Motivated to Learn. I feel in love with the idea of doing activities with something so simple! So here is a round up of 25+ Button Activities.
If you are doing buttons activities you might also want to check out Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons book. My girls just love the book and button activities go so very nicely with it!
You can find Scoop and Pour, Activities, Sorting, Arts & Crafts and Printables. Each of these is fun and creative and loads to keep kids busy and happy.
Button Scoop and Pour
Each of these is a hands on activity of some time that will involved scoping & pouring of the buttons.
- Fun hands on sensory fun with this Button Sensory Bin (featured in image)
- Explore different textures and pouring with the Flower Button Sensory Bin (featured in image)
- Fun use for the ABC Buttons you can fin ABC Button Sensory Bin
- Learn some shapes and scoping up buttons and rice with ths Shape Button Sensory Bin (featured in image)
- Button and rice Christmas Button Sensory Bin
- One Perfect Day: Pour buttons from one bowl to another with Simple Toddler Play – Scooping and Pouring (featured in image)
These are different hands on activities you can do with them. You can use them as places makers or something to cover the amount. This is a hands on way to use them.
- Learn your numbers with number buttons and play dough mats with the Number Button Sensory Bin
- Royal Baloo a fun hands on Mixing Truck Button Board
- Train Up a Child: – Button as Place markers in Activities
- Royal Baloo: A fun fine motor activity Putting Buttons in Holes
- Rockabye Butterfly: Make a Button Board
- JDaniel4’s Mon: Ten Apples – With Button Counting
- Mess For Less: Counting Game with Button and Muffin Tin
- No Time For Flash Cards Stay Put Button Cork Builders
There are many different ways to sort buttons. This is great for color, shape, size texture and more.
- Sort buttons with letter in the Sorting Letters and Learning Name
- Sort buttons two different ways in the Sorting Color and Shape (featured in image)
- Sort color spider buttons Sorting Spider Buttons 2 Ways
- Kids Activity Blog: Lots of Button Activities
- Creative Playhouse: Button Sorting (featured in image)
- Mama Smiles: Sorting Buttons (featured in image)
- This Reading Mama: Concept Sorting with Buttons (featured in image)
- Play Create Explore: Buttons: Exploring, Matching, Sorting
Buttons Arts & Crafts
There are so many different crafts that you can do with buttons. Check out some of these great ideas.
- Hands on as We Grow: Sorted Button Valentine Heart (featured in image)
- 2 Big 2 Little: Easy Button Jewellery
- Teach Preschool: Button Bracelets (featured in image)
- In Lieu of Preschool: Gingerbread Cloud Dough with Buttons
- Glittering Muffins: Australia – Dot art buttons turtle (featured in image)
- Glittering Muffins: Button shadow box (with a glitter twist)
- Glittering Muffins: Egg Carton Caterpillar
- Craft To Art: Button Jingle Bells
- Teach Preschool: Button Activity with Pete the Cat
- The Fairy & The Frog: Button Ornament (featured in image)
Check out my printables that have buttons.
Button & Shoes Calendar Set
Buttons are something you can always do more than just one thing. I love how flexible they are. If you have done something with buttons I would love to add your post here. Comment and let me know.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com