February is always a big month for me. Well for two reasons… My youngest has her birthday and 3 Dinosaurs has it birthday as well! It was 6 years ago that 3 friends talked me into sharing what I do with my girls with others. It has been an amazing 6 years!
When I started I was only going to do this a year. Yup, a year! It was only to help out my oldest and I had no plans to keep it up. It is amazing that years later I’m still going and working on this as much as I am.
I love creating and making. As part of the anniversary, I’m going to be a Dinosaur themed week. It was the most requested themed week. It is going to be tons of fun. Yup, 7 days of fun dinosaur printables! I’m already in planning mode of what I’m going to do.
I can’t wait to share some of my fun ideas with you.
It has been an amazing 6 years. It was 6 years ago today that 3 friends of mine talked me into starting a blog and sharing what I do and make with others. I picked the blog name based on what my girls were really into at the time. Well, they still are. 3 Dinosaurs officially came into being on 15 days later February 15th.
I had a part-time job so this was just something fun to do that now is something amazing that I love to do. There are over 2,000 blog posts. So many printables that I can’t keep track of all of them…and still growing.
Now on to my goals for the month.
As always I divide my goals up between the blog, family and personal. I have some big goals for the year that I break into smaller parts to help me get them done. You can read about the big goals here.
February 2018 Blog Goals
January was a busy month of planning and seeing what I could round up that has not been on the blog. I made a list and I hope to get them done in the next few months. I had fun making a few requests that people had asked for. I also made a few that will be coming out over the next few months. I’m always on the lookout for new ideas to try.
I’ve been making tons of requests from teachers and I hope to start blogging about a few of those with samples for you to check out.
- Have A Themed Week of Dinosaurs for the 6 year anniversary
- Start round up themes on the blog for my non-seasonal activities (Do you have a round up of mine you would like to see done?)
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes.
- Plan for the big winter release: Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs & Interactive Number Books (Coming VERY soon)
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until May 2018!
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon!
- Make a list of reuqested projects to finish – Do you have a request?
February 2018 Family Goals
I’ve been busy working on a few new things for our family. One of them has been working on new chores for my girls. It is something we changed up a lot when we moved to the house. I hope to share some of those fun printables I’ve made this month! Plus I have a party to plan and we always have fun with that.
- Celebrate my youngest daughter’s birthday
- Upack more and declutter more!
- Organize what we have unpack better
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day.
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
February 2018 Personal Goals
It was an off month for my personal goals but I hope to get back to doing theme real soon. I have my goals and need to keep them to make me a better mom, wife, and friend.
- Limit all sugary drinks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
- Read at least one book about being a better parent
- Look for the joy in things I used to do
Be sure to check out these other bloggers goals:
– Family Living Space & New Home by Mama Smiles – see her new home and goals.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com