The month of May has been CRAZY for us. We moved! My husband and I had been live there for 14 years and we moved. It was and is still a huge change for us.
We are still very much living out of boxes and life is crazy! It has been amazing to see all our stuff pack up. And also has made me realize how much we have that we don’t use. I can see a lot of stuff going away as we unpack.
It also has been fun to explore and watch the changes in the plants around the house.
June also is the start of summer and this year we are doing a summer of staycations and summer reading challenges!
My goals are divided between my blog, family and personal. This allows me to work on different areas and a lot of my goals are easy to check out but sometimes just seeing the goal helps me keep with the goal.
June 2017 Blog Goals
For May the Bug week was so much fun! The three of us have decided to do some themed weeks during the summer. So keep an eye out for them. In May I did start sending out my newsletter. Yes, I am sending one and there will be subscriber freebies coming very soon!
May was a very busy time for me and I plan to take it easy during the summer this year because I want to make sure my house and blog are all in order.
I am doing printables by requests, and they are the selling printables that I have made. I have put several of them up on Teachers Pay Teacher. I’m often asked for changes or more of something for the printables. I often make the changes and put them up for sale.
I’m also very thankful for those that helped me with guest posts during my move and unpacking.
- Plan out what my month to enjoy the summer.
- Look out for the 5 Days of Beach Printables.
- Plan for the big fall releases.
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until August. (I totally know what I have now that I packed them all up!)
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes I am sending one now!.
June 2017 Family Goals
May was a huge change for our family. We went from a townhouse to a house with a yard. It has been so much fun and also a change in so many ways. We are all adjusting and unpacking everything. We are working hard to get everything settled in. We are also enjoying the house and relaxing in it as we can.
I learned a lot with packing up my house. I learned where I needed to clean more and some monthly tasks that I could do better at. I plan to change up my cleaning goals based on that.
You can see some of our pictures on Instagram as we unpack and explore our new home.
- Upack and put away the whole house.
- Explore the new house and yard.
- Read to my girls every day.
- Make a reading challenge for the summer
- Plan our Staycations!
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
June 2017 Personal Goals
I did horrible on my soda goal last month but this month I plan on doing MUCH better. I will also be tracking more of my food this month to help me with my goals. I can make my goals happen.
I also plan on reading a book to help me be a better mom and person. I have not picked my book yet but I will soon.
I want to also remember that I’m a person and not get buried under being a mom and running the blog. I need time for me which does mean posting less sometimes.
- Get back to eating beter and be accountable for my food at the end of the day.
- No Soda for the month! This will be a hard one for me.
- Daily Fitness – walking 5 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Keep my days organized and limit my time on task that take time away from other areas of my life
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Listen to 5 fun books while unpacking
- Read at least one book about being a better parent
- Take a course to help my kids calm down
As always I’m joined by others to make goals as well. Be sure to check out what their goals are this month.
SUMMER FUN AT HOME WITH KIDS at Mama Smiles. She has some great goals for making her summer great!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com