Have your kids said the dreaded word yet this summer? You know the one I am thinking of….. I am bored?
As a homeschool mom, activities for kids that encourage creativity, learning and skill building are so important to me!
Here is a collection of crafts and activities that will get kids using their brain, their hands and encourage using their imagination. They will learn along the way while having fun. Isn’t that the best way to learn?
Activities for Kids: All Things Underwater
- Letter of the Week Craft for Preschoolers (J is for Jellyfish)– when I think of the ocean one of the first things I think of is a jellyfish!
- Jellyfish Do a Dot Printable– find all of the letter J’s (big and small)!
- Letter of the Week Craft for Preschoolers (O is for Octopus)– kids love this one because they get to use Cheerios in the craft and eat a few while they learn all about the letter O!
- Octopus Snack– make an octopus for lunch or a snack (using hot dogs) and talk all about things that are underwater! Goes perfect with your craft too!
- Octopus Do a Dot Printable– how many letter O’s can you find? Mark them with a Do a Dot Marker!
- Letter of the Week Craft for Preschoolers (U is for Underwater)– this activity is perfect when you’re learning the letter U. The craft uses minimal supplies (glue, construction paper, scissors and wiggly eyes) and helps your preschooler learn the letter U!
- Underwater Do a Dot Printable– grab those Do a Dot Markers and find all of the big U’s and little u’s.
- Kid Color Pages– all things under the sea. Color the sea creatures and trace words like shark, jellyfish, blue whale and more!
- Handwriting Practice for Kids (Ocean Theme)– practice writing stories, vocabulary words, writing your name and more with these underwater themed printables!
- 15 Water Play Ideas– bring the beach to you! Here are 15 ways to play with water outside the next time your little one says they are bored!
For more educational ideas and activities for kids, hop over and check out all of the fun ideas at Crystal & Co!
Swing by and check out Crystal, a Dallas Mom Blogger, who runs the mommy resource and solution site Crystal & Co.! She loves to share activities for kids, teach busy families how to meal plan and share real easy recipes. She is a fast-paced mom of all boys, five to be exact (including twins), who is in the trenches of homeschooling. Are you tired yet?
If you have read this and still looking for more ocean activities check out all those on 3 Dinosaurs!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com