I love having goals because they push me to get more done. Plus by sharing what my goals are I am better at getting them done.
I read a quote on facebook about hoping that your kids are the ones that take time to look at the moon. I’ve thought a lot about that since I read it. My kids can’t learn to look at the moon if I don’t take time as well.
So this month I want to take my time to really look at things around me. I want to enjoy the moon, sunset, sunrises and all the fascinating things that happen around us.
I want to take time to enjoy just what I have and not feel the need for more.
As always my goals are divided up into 3 themes: blog, family and personal.
April 2018 Blog Goals
I’m so excited to say that the Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs will be out in April! I’m so excited and so long overdue! These packs are so much fun and my girls have loved using them. I have been making and using them with my youngest for years now. But They will be done.
I’ll be sending out to my newsletter when it becomes a growing pack for the low starting price. You don’t want to miss that sale!
I’m also working on my new blog design and it is taking up some of my time but I can’t wait for you to see it!
I am back to doing one themed week a month. Each month will be a new theme. Do you have a theme you would love to see?
- Have a Baseball Themed Week
- Start round up themes on the blog for my non-seasonal activities (Do you have a round up of mine you would like to see done?)
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes.
- Plan for the big spring release: Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs & Interactive Number Books (Coming VERY soon)
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until May 2018!
- Also plan ahead to take part of the summer off
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher as I make them.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon!
- Make a list of requested projects to finish – Do you have a request?
April 2018 Family Goals
April is a fun time. We have a week out of school and I love going to and stuff for it. So we are planning a fun staycation for it! Each of my girls are picking what we will do. It is really a lot of fun to do this.
We are almost a year in our new place and hoping to finally unpack and really put a lot of stuff away! It has been a crazy first year for sure.
We are also working on our family nights. They have not happened as much but they are fun when they do happen. We are gathering games that all of us can play and have fun with.
I’m also taking the time to look at changes or as the title suggest the moon.
- Plan April vaccation ideas
- Upack more and declutter more – Working on 5 boxes a week
- Organize what we have unpack better
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day.
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
April 2018 Personal Goals
I enjoy April because it becomes spring and loads of fun. Plus it is the month my birthday is! I love seeing the change from winter to spring every year. I’m going to take time to enjoy the changes.
I’m taking a parenting class that I’m excited about. I’m also working on a celebration of my birthday. I will do something for me.
- Do all my Online parenting class this month! Put it on my to-do list!
- Celebrate my birthday
- Plan 2 personal activities out of the house
- Limit all sugary drinks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
- Read at least one book about being a better parent
- Look for the joy in things I used to do
Be sure to check out these other bloggers goals:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com