I’m very excited about the Farm theme for this months Poppins Book Nook! There is so much to explore with this theme. Plus there are so many great books to read. I know that my girls have always loved the theme of farms.
There are several Farm themed activities on the site. I made a Farm Calendar that we are using for April as well.
Here are some fun Farm Activities on 3 Dinosaurs:
- Farm Sensory Bin
- Hogs Playing in Yarn Mud – Karma Wilson
- Free Farm Pack Update
- Green Yarn Sheep – Where is the Green Sheep?
Be sure to check out all these Farm books:
- Pete the Cat: Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- The Cow Who Clucked
- What the Ladybug Heard
- On the Farm
- Big Red Barn
- Cock-a-Doodle-Doo! Barnyard Hullabaloo
If you’re interested in joining this month’s Poppin Nook Book club, here’s what you need to do…
- Comment below and let us know that you are joining in!
- Pick your favorite Farm (or a new one you want to check out) and read it with your child or class.
- Create an activity, project, craft, cooking project, etc. related to the book and do it.
- Come back and share it with us as part of a big Farm blog hop on Monday, April 27th! The linky will be live for 3 weeks, so if you aren’t ready to post on the 27th… just join in when you can!
Here are some of the people joining in the link up this month.
Here all the themes and the dates for this year Poppins Book Nook:
March: Weather – Introduction – Free Weather Pack
April 27th: Farms
May 25th: Caldecott Medal Books
June 29th: Forest/Woods
July 27th: Composers
August 31: Books that Were made into Movies
September 28th: Newberry Medal Winners
October 26th: Artists
November 30th: Feast Around the World
January 25th: Countries Around the World
February 29th: Ponds, Lakes & Rivers
Don’t forget to check out this months Poppins Book Free printable for the Farm Theme:
What is your favorite farm book?
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com