Every month we all get excited about the books we have for the Virtual Book Club. This months author is one we have had in the past. This months is Bill Martin Jr. It was almost two years ago he was a book club author. He has so many fun books my girls just love to read over and over.
Bill martin Jr. is a favorite at our house. We really love reading his books. The girls really like to have his books read over and over. My oldest would not go to bed for about a year without Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? My First Reader or Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? (My First Reader). I think I could still read them in my sleep. But they are fun and kids just love them. My girls had them as board books and they book a beating but still loved them.
It was 2 years ago that my girls did some gross motor movements to Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? Board Book (World of Eric Carle). It was one of our favorite activities and we repeat it often.
All my my girls have liked Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. It was a book I first learned about when they were in preschool. It became one that we have in the house. It is great for them learning the letters: in order, uppercase and lowercase.
This months three books are: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader.
Here are some of the books you can read by Bill Martin Jr. that we will be checking out.
There is not linky for this but a group post that will have ALL the activities on it. It is really fun to see what everyone does! I still encourage you to do an activity inspired by one of the three books! It is always fun to have activities with books.
Check out the Authors for the year and the dates you can come see the activities!
- September 2014 Mo Willems – Introduction – Counting Chocolate Chips – Duckling Gets a Cookie
- October 9- Julia Donaldson – Introduction – Counting Ingredients in the Caldron
- November 13- Eric Litwin – Introduction – Learning With Buttons – Pete The Cat
- January 8- Ellen Stoll Walsh – Introduction – Color Mixing Painting – Mouse Paint
- February 12- Dr Seuss – Introduction – Truffula Tree Number Matching – The Lorax
- March 12- Margaret Wise Brown – Introduction – Goodnight Moon Gross Motor
- April 9- Laura Numeroff – Introduction Making Gluten Free Muffins – If You Give A Moose a Muffin
- May 14- Eric Carle – Introduction – Two Flower Crafts – The Tiny Seed
- June 11- Leo Lionni – Introduction – Watercolor Fish – Swimmy
- July 9- Donald Crews – Introduction – Color Freight Train
- August 13- Bill Martin Jr. – Introduction – Brown Bear, Brown Bear Gross Motor Ideas
Do you have a favorite Bill Martin Jr.s book? Which of the three books would you pick: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 or Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader?
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com