I love the changes in seasons because it means we are working with new themes. Baseball is a favorite. Plus has been one people have asked if I would do.
Baseball has so many fun things you can work on. We are always looking for new ways to change up activities. Today I have some fun free Baseball themed ABC Matching Cards. They are loads of fun for kids to use.
This is printable is a part of the Baseball Themed Week.
ABC cards have so many different uses. I love that you can change up how you use them. Plus baseball is a great theme for the spring, summer, and fall. It is a printable you can use for a while.
The most basic way to use them is for matching. The baseballs have the uppercase letters on them. The gloves have the lowercase letters.
You can set up one set of letter cards and have them match. You can mix up the letters any way you want. You might want to start younger kids with letters from their names. I always liked to have my girls work on 4 letters at a time.
If your kids are writing their letters, you can have them pull a card and write the letter on a blank writing page.
If you are doing great with knowing your letters you could use the cards to making CVC words. We pulled out the CVC word family bookmarks and made words.
Here are some additional ways to use the Baseball ABC cards:
- Call a letter out and have them find it
- Mix up the letters and have put the cards in alphabetical order
- Say a word and have them find the beginning, middle or ending sounds
- Make their name from the letters
- Pull out a letter and find an item in the house that starts with that letter
- Pull out an uppercase and trace the matching lowercase and switch cards for lowercase and uppercase
IF you are looking for additional ABC Themed Baseball printables you can check out the Baseball Themed ABC Finds. It has all 26 letters with uppercase and lowercase. They are a fun no-prep printable for kids to learn with.
Baseball ABC Find
Uppercase and lowercase themed ABC finds for kids to work on their letters. You can trace the letter then dot or color the home plate.
What you will find in these printables:
- All 26 letters in Uppercase and lowercase options
- Tracing section for each letter
- Several letters to dot on the home plate
- $3.50 for all 52 pages of printables
If you want to check out a free sample of this you can go here to check out a sample of the page.
What you will find in the free printables:
- All letters a to z
- Baseball themed cards with ABCs on each one
- Uppercase letters on the baseball and lowercase letters on the glove
- 6 pages of printables
Click here to see 5 days from the Baseball Themed Week
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com