We have entered winter and I thought it would be fun to share the chapter books we are reading. It is fun to look for new books for my third grader to read. We spend a lot of time reading every day. We also search the library over and over for fun books to read. I read a lot of chapter books to my younger two girls and my oldest reads some with us or on her own.
This season we have a few new series that we have started reading. They have some humor, animals, My Little Pony and wizards themes. You can have a lot of fun reading different themes.
This is a series from Usborne Books that we have enjoyed. Oliver is a Junior Wizard and is learning at wizard school. He has lots of fun adventures and learning experience that things don’t always go as you plan them. There are great pictures and fun reading. This is a great start for wizards before you get to books like Harry Potter!
- Oliver Moon and the Dragon Disaster
- Oliver Moon and the Potion Commotion
- Oliver Moon and the Spell Off
I really like this series for what you learn about taking care of animals and being responsible for things you do. Each book has an animal and something that one of the girls needs to learn about. It can be from playing to much or not doing good in school. Important lessons that you get in a fun book series.
- Amy and the Missing Puppy (The Critter Club)
- All About Ellie (The Critter Club)
- Liz Learns a Lesson (The Critter Club)
Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist
I love the humor in Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist! This is a great series for those mad scientists in our kids. It is a series that is full of humor and and fun to read. Each story has a fun theme. The first book is great with Franny trying to fit in but it seems that lunch is starting to walk on its own! Enjoy the fun humor in the series.
- Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist)
- Attack of the 50-Ft. Cupid (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist)
- The Invisible Fran (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist)
My Little Pony: Daring Do
If you love My Little Pony you will love these new Daring Do books. We have enjoyed all the books in the series. These are 3 new stories and are fun. There is also book that is a place to keep your own notes. If your child likes My Little Pony and some fun adventure these are great for them. All three books are sold together.
Will you be checking out any of these series?
Check out these other Chapter books we have explored:
- Summer Chapter Books 2014: My little Pony, National Geographic Kids Chapters, Geronimo Stilton & Thea Stilton, The Kingdom of Wrenly
- Fall Chapter Books 2014: Princess Rescue, Bad Kitty, Notebook of Doom, Equestria Girls, Saurus Street
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.cm