Color mixing is always a lot of fun for kids to do. This is fun to explore the different shades of colors that kids can make. Every color mix is different . That means that outcome of the mix is always different and fun to explore
For this months virtual books club we picked the book Mouse Paint. My youngest is very much into painting right now. She would paint all day if I let her. She loves all the different variety of painting there are to try.
We did some easy set up for this activity. I wanted it to be something she could do as much of by herself and see how she would explore the mixing of the paints. It would be something she could explore and express in her own way.
The first things she did was put three sections of paint: red, yellow and blue. She said she wanted to mixed them on the paper. She did several different attempts at mixing the colors on from the three sets of paints. She liked the yellow and the red mixed together to make orange.
Next she wanted to cover the paper in dot so that she could do lots of mixing of paint. There were various sizing of painting that she did. She liked having different parts to mix and even mixed all three colors together at times. She also did some finger print walking like the mice did on the pages.
Here is a look at her two projects.
What I like best about this activity was that she picked the book and what she wanted to do. She led the project from start to finish. I just helped her by providing what she ask for.
Looking for other color activities or printables check these out:
- Free Color Word Playdough Mats
- Free Color Coloring Pages
- Color Search and Find
- Watercolor Color Wheel – Monsters Love Color
Check out all the Mouse Paint activities:
- Playdough to Plato – Free Color Book
- Science Sparks – Mouse Paint – Colour Mixing Wheel
- Toddler Approved – Surprise Color Mixing Heart Craft for Preschoolers
Check out all the Mouse Shapes activities:
- Growing Book by Book – Mouse Shapes Learn to Spell Your Name Activity
- Inspiration Laboratories – Shape Collages Inspired by Mouse Shapes
- Mama Miss – Triangle Puzzle
- The Pleasantest Thing- Mouse Shapes Puppets
- Crystal & Co – Mouse Shapes Pattern Activity
Check out all the Mouse Count activities:
- Lalymom – Mouse Count Ping Pong Ball Game
- Rainy Day Mum – Mouse Count Number Lines and Ordering
- Still Playing School- Mouse Count Sensory Bin
- The Educators’ Spin On It – Mouse Count Activities with Lids
I hope that you enjoy these activities!
If you are looking for explore more Ellen Stoll Walsh books you can check out these ones:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com