Over the last two years one of our favorite activities is to countdown to Christmas with books! This is a simple and fun activity to do. Plus takes almost no time to put together at all. There are so many great Christmas books out there to read. Kids of all ages love Christmas books. My girls love opening the books each day to see what we will be reading.
Christmas Books We Will Be Reading
Over the last 9 years I have collected a lot of Christmas books. I love having lots of books to read. I’m going to share the books we are using this year in our count down. I love reading each of the books.
- Elf on the Shelf
- What Is Christmas?
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Classic Seuss)
- Madeline’s Christmas
- Gingerbread Baby
- The Animals’ Santa
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas (The Bear Books)
- Merry Christmas, Curious George
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- The Polar Express
- Home for Christmas
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer
- The Twelve Days of Christmas by Jan Brett
- Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
- The Dinosaurs’ Night Before Christmas
- The Legend of the Poinsettia
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
- Dinosaur vs. Santa
- The Twelve Days of Christmas by Susan Jeffers
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) (Little Golden Book)
- The Birds of Bethlehem
- Mortimer’s Christmas Manger
- Itsy Bitsy Christmas: You’re Never Too Little for His Love
- Jan Brett’s Christmas Treasury – Night Before Christmas
What do I do when I don’t have 25 books?
One of the questions I get asked often is “What do I do when I don’t have 25 books?”. Here is my answer and what I did when I started out. I would get books from the library. I would wrap those first and keep a list of when they were due back. My first 10 books always came from the library. It was simple and easy and just returned them after we read them. I would renew books when needed as well.
Printables to Use for your Countdown to Christmas
I made these for an event recently and I thought I would share them with you. There are seven different images to choose from. Plus I thought I would share the books are going to be reading this Christmas!
The first set of images is very simple and has bells with the numbers. This has a classic Christmas feel. I love how well the bells look.
The next set of images are these really cute Christmas Mice! They are so cute!
Use the 12 days of Christmas and count down to Christmas or Count Down after Christmas. This set matches up with the 12 Days of Christmas Pack.
Use these fun Elves holding up signs to count down to Christmas! This is simple and easy to use. I love the elves and I think they are very cute.
Use the Christmas Symbols to count down. You have 6 different images: wreath, candle, bell, candy cane and start. This set matches up with the Christmas Learning Pack
Use the Nativity theme to count down with books. This is a very fun one. Even if you don’t use the books you can write scriptures on the back of the cards and have kids look them up and read scriptures down to Christmas. It is a great way to make sure you have something fun to do that centers around the Nativity Story. This set matches up with the Nativity Pack.
The last one is a Santa Theme set. There is Santa, presents, sleigh, Rudolph, Christmas Tree and fireplace.
What you will in these Countdown to Christmas printables:
- Numbers 1 through 25
- 7 different sets of imagse
- 6 images per page & 5 pages
If you are looking for other Christmas printables check out the other packs on 3 Dinosaurs:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com