We have always loved Dr. Seuss books. They are fun and creative. A lot of the books make great beginner reader books. Plus there are so many fun activities you can do with them.
These books have been a part of our activities for a long time. We read them each year. It is fun to remember our favorites. You never know what book will appeal to you.
There are loads of fun books to read. We do have a few favorites. Here are some of them
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Put Me in the Zoo (I can read it all by myself’ Beginner Books)
- The Lorax (Classic Seuss)
- The Cat in the Hat
Dr Seuss Themed Activities
Truffula Tree Number Matching is a great activity for work in one to one correspondence. It is a 1 to 10 number activity.
Dr Seuss’s ABCs Gross Motor Activities has 26 plus great ideas for gross motor to go with the book! These are loads of fun and an easy way to change up what you are doing.
Cat in the Hat Themed: Gross Motor Activity was a blast for us. See all the great movements you can do while reading the book.
Hopping Fun Gross Motor Dice that goes great with Hop on Pop.
Green Eggs and Ham Sensory Bin has some of the words from the book to search through as find.
Yarn Truffula Trees is a fun craft to make for truffula trees. We love using yarn for activities.
Torn Paper Truffula Trees are great for building fine motor skills are you tear and glue paper on the trees.
Watercolor & Oil Pastel Truffula Trees is another fun truffula tree craft kids can make.
Dr Seuss Books is a fun introduction to a Virutal Book Club activity. It highlights 3 books from Dr Seuss.
Also check out these other Dr Seuss Activities:
- Learning Activities with Dr Seuss Characters by JDaniel4’s Mom
- How to Make Oobleck Algorithm Coding Activity by JDaniel4’s Mom
- Cat in the Hat Slime by Little Bins for Little Hands
- Dr. Seuss Activities: Red Fish Blue Fish ABC Match by Growing Book By Book
- Truffula Trees STEAM Craft by School Time Snippets
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com