Sight words are always something kids are working on when they are learning to read. I’m always looking for new ways review or learn sight words. We took the ABC Letter Find Printable and put this small twist on it.
Dot markers are a fun way at our house to learn. My youngest is starting to want to learn sight words. She is just loves to use dot markers. I thought this would be a fun way to add something she liked to do while we are learning the words.
There are two lines the sight words to trace. This gives them lots of practice writing the word. The circles are great for dot markers. All of the other words in the circles are from the Dolch Preprimer as well.
There are several different ways to mark the circles. I’m always looking for different ways to mark the circles. Right now we just love using the glass gems but you can use them how ever you want. You could just color the circles.
Here are some of the things we use for the dots:
What you will find in these printables:
- All 40 words from the Dolch Preprimer Sight Words: a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you
- 2 lines of the sight word to trace
- Dot marker find the word
Check out these other Sight Word Printables:
- The All New Romping & Roaring Preprimer Sight Words Packs
- Free Dolch Preprimer Sight Words Playdough Mats with Tracing
- Free Sight Word Read Write & Stamp
- Free Sight Word Dolch Cards
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com