I know that when I’m at a loss for a movement idea for my girls I’m always looking at my 30 Days of Moving with Kids. It for years was my got to thing.
I realized that I needed something my girls could use that was much easier for them to use on their own. Or for me to keep track of the ideas that we have done.
I took the list of ideas added a few more and made the Gross Motor Printable List.
A fact some might not know is I went to school for Physical Education. Years later I’m not teaching, but still using those skills I learned with my girls. I have writing several gross motor posts over the past year and half. I can’t believe how fast that time has gone by.
These printables are just suggestions. It is taking the list on the blog post and just making it a printable. I use these ideas all the time. Always so these activities with adult supervision. You should never let your kids do these by themselves. I encourage to you do to them WITH you kids. Yes with them! It will show them how to do it and get you some fitness as well.
I printed mine off 4 per page to make them smaller. (Go to this post to learn how to print more than one page at a time.) Then I laminated them on card stock to make them stronger. You can punch a hole on the corner and put them in a ring to keep them all in one place.
- The activities in these printables are to be done under adult supervision.
- These printables are only ideas and not a replacement for a Physical Education program.
- Please only do activities at your child’s current physical activity level. You know your child’s activity level best.
- 3 Dinosaurs is not responsible for any injuries that may occur while using these ideas.
What you are going to find in these printables:
- Ideas are sorted by type
- Lists for some of the following types of movements:
- Rolling & Running
- Coordination Movements
- Throwing or Tossing
- Pretend Movements
- Jumping & Hoping
- Animal & Insect Walking & Marching
- Classic Games
- Dance & Music
- 11 pages of printables
- Check off boxes to keep track of what you have done
Gross Motor Products that I love:
Here are some other gross motor post you might like:
- Wheels on The Bus Gross Motor
- Dr Seuss’s ABCs – Gross Motor
- ABC Gross Motor Letter F
- All Gross Motor Posts on 3 Dinosaurs
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com