I am excited about this months Virtual Book Club author: Margaret Wise Brown. We have several of her books at our house. We have some in board books, hard cover and paper back. She is a classical author that many people read over and over.
I think we read Goodnight Moon at our house every night for over 5 years. It was the favorite last book of the night for what seemed like forever. I could read it in my sleep now. I still pull it out for some fun rhyming activities every now and then. Every now and then it does still end up at the bed time book. I love the flow of the books and the words that we learn.
There is not linky for this but a group post that will have ALL the activities on it. It is really fun to see what everyone does! I still encourage you to do an activity inspired by one of the three books! It is always fun to have activities with books.
Check out the Authors for the year and the dates you can come see the activities!
- September 2014 Mo Willems – Introduction – Counting Chocolate Chips – Duckling Gets a Cookie
- October 9- Julia Donaldson – Introduction – Counting Ingredients in the Caldron
- November 13- Eric Litwin – Introduction – Learning With Buttons – Pete The Cat
- January 8- Ellen Stoll Walsh – Introduction – Color Mixing Painting – Mouse Paint
- February 12- Dr Seuss – Introduction – Truffula Tree Number Matching – The Lorax
- March 12- Margaret Wise Brown
- April 9- Laura Numeroff
- May 14- Eric Carle
- June 11- Leo Lionni
- July 9- Donald Crews
- August 13- Bill Martin Jr.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com