If you can believe it we are at another month that has come and gone. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone for me. There has been so much going on. I have loved having my goals each month. It has helped center me and focus on what is important. I’ve been doing this all year for 2014 and it has made a difference for me.
I find that I’m looking forward to trying to cross off my goals. To see that some of my goals are long term and some are short term. I also find myself making check lists for stuff that will be daily and what will be monthly.
Each month I have been reading books to help me. I’m still re-reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life. I just find that it is so great for me to re-read and enjoy the book and take notes on what is important to me.
The blog has been something that I’ve worked on every day. Some parts I need to start really limiting how I do. I need to work on making sure I get it all done. I have been updating a lot of old posts. It has been fun to work on that project. I hope to get more done soon. I have a few really small project I really want to get done soon.
I was very happy this last month to get the Romping & Roaring Number Packs out! It is nice to see projects finished when I’ve been working on them for a long time. I also need a new blog planner. I found that when I used it I did really great with it. I need one that will work well for me. I have seen a few just need to pick one before the year starts. It allows me to see how I’m doing over all and not just think I’m doing okay.
- Limit my time or time my work on things so I don’t over do it – This will be the #1 goal for the month.
- Look for a new blog planner and USE it.
- Turn in projects early – this means well before due date
- Update and fix 2 old posts or download pages each week
- Work on some older age projects for the upcoming seasons – 1st – 3rd Activities
- Keep getting up early 5 days a week and take weekends off for early mornings.
- Get better about Instagram! I really need to make sure I’m doing it every day.
- Stream line the sharing process
- Re-listen to my class that I took this year
These are the same as last month, well because I NEED to work on them. It is hard to set a goal and then really not do it well. It has been a struggle to start each day and fail at where I needed to be. I have found that when my cleaning goals are done, I and everyone else is much happier. It works out really well that way. So my top three goals will stay right where they are.
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day
- No dishes in the sink (or on the counter, stove etc) at the end of the day
- De-clutter one area every day!
- Spend more time reading as a group with the girls – Reading chapter books at night or another story.
- Make a weekly menu to make shopping and cooking easier for me and if someone else has to take over
- Cook breakfast on school days
My goals are really still to recover and make sure I’m really ready for everything. I want to me more healthy than I am. I have had some major stress in my life but I need to over come that and move forward. I am working on it step by step. I just need to believe more in myself and I’ll be able to do it.
- Take time to unwind from stressful days and give myself a time out time if needed
- Read every day
- Listen to one conference talk every day
- 5 days of fitness and make sure to vary what I’m doing.
- Become more Healthy in my habits.
I will also be adding holiday goals for this month. I want to make sure that I’m ready for the month and not struggling to get stuff done. It has been important for me to remember that this month is about celebrating what is important not the gifts or other things that will get in the way.
- Do more Nativity centered activities
- Finish my shopping before Hanukkah for everyone
- Buy food early instead of last minute
I did want to have the To Do list for winter done but it did not happen. So I’ll be putting that out this month. Look for it! Or maybe I’ll just make one for December and the Holidays.
Cassie – 3Dionsaurs.com