The last few days I’ve had a lot of time to reflex on a few things in my life and think about what is important. I went to my uncles funeral, and I took the first time off from the blog and being a mom ever. I did not have my girls, and it was hard.
I spent a morning walking and watching the sun rise over the mountain. I had a lot of time to think about everything. I thought about my goals and where I’m going. It was a nice time.
I also spent this time without a computer. It was my first real break from blogging or making printables in years. In fact, I did nothing but enjoy my time with my family and reflect on the family I had lost.
Some of this time reflecting will show in some of my goals. I know that I did enjoy the break, and I’ll be taking another break or two planned for this summer.
I divide my goals into three areas: blog, family and personal. This division allows me to make goals for each of those areas. Each one has daily, weekly and monthly goals. It allows me to be able to put them into my to do list as I work on it. I also review each area as I finish up the month before.
This last month was a VERY hard month for me. I spent most of it working on the Summer Program. Between that and unexpected trip it meant I did not get half of my goals done for the month. I left tons of projects started and not finished. This month I know I have a planned break, and I’m working on planning for it. Plus I’m taking it easy to recover everything. I’ll still get out the projects that I started but might take a bit over the next month. Plus a few series got delayed with my travel for the funeral. I shall be scaling back a bit this month and the next to enjoy my summer.
- Get ahead on my blog posts at least 3 or 4 days – This is a MUST for me to be ready for a relaxing summer.
- Start a summer posting schedule of 4 or 5 posts a week. I’ll be taking the weekends off to make sure I relax.
- Take one planned break from blogging and the computer
- Finish 2 smaller selling products for the month – yes working towards making more selling products. I’ll be putting them up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Start my next big projects – I have three in the works! I just have to pick which to finish first.
- Use the Blog Planner I bought – Look for planner that allows for planning two posts a day
- Update 1 old post each week or update two download pages with links to the blog. (ON GOING)
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates.
- Star working on a new Logo & Blog Design – this will be a year-long project
- Schedule less on Facebook – will only spend 30 minutes a day on this
- Thank other bloggers for their great posts by commenting on their blog posts.
- Sign up for a few more affiliate programs
- Start watching the Blogging Course that I got
My goal this summer is to clean up my house and enjoy time with my girls! That means taken time off from blog to do it. If I had not had my 4 days away from my family, I would not realize how much time away from them I was taking. They are important and I love them. If my house is not in order and clean, then we are going to keep fighting between each other. So cleaning will be the most important thing I do besides spend time with them. I will be spending a weekend with just my girls and enjoying it. I’ll have one period where I go computer free and enjoy it!
- Spend one weekend Computer Free!
- Keep a TO DO LIST and weekly menu! I need this I get more done even if I don’t complete it all. I keep track of my projects better.
- Declutter one area 15 minutes every day until one area is clean. The areas I’ll be cleaning are kitchen, stairs, my bedroom, the office room (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Keep my kitchen counter cleaned off!
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day. Then keep track on my to-do list, so I don’t forget laundry in washer. Work on the girls doing more laundry.
- Use Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart – yes, this does help me get my cleaning done.
- Read more to my girls not less – Start Our Summer Reading!
- Add to the girls chore list and help them learn the chore. (Working on Chore Charts)
- Let my girls spend time with just dad and do dad only activities.
- Take one day a week that is full time for my girls with no work
- Make a family reading challenge for the summer.
After my 4 days away I realized just how overworked I had made myself. I needed the break more than I realized. I left my computer home and traveled for a funeral. I spent time with my family, and that was it. I read and relaxed as much as I could. It was really nice. I finally got to a nice relaxed point and then was headed home. I know that I need more breaks that I give myself. I work hard, and I don’t take much time off. I’m always working on something. If I don’t take more time off, I’ll burn out really soon. So I’ll be taking some weekends off and just relaxing with my girls.
I also want to spend more solo time even if I just have to step outside on my own for a bit. I found I enjoyed that computer and kid free time. It is important for me to relax so I can be a better mom, wife and blogger.
- Daily Fitness – This means fitness comes before ANYTHING else. I have to have my fitness to make sure my day goes better. My attitude is better when I do.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. I’ll be using a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to help with my tracking.
- Do daily walks before kids get up or workout dvd to get my fitness in.
- Schedule a time out of the house for me twice a month – I need to work on this more.
- Take days off! I mean really take them off with no blog work at all on those days.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Last year I started reading these books self help and parenting books. This year I’m going to reread a few and post a review of some of them each month.
- Color in my coloring book when I get stressed or need a mommy time out – at least 15 minutes a day
- Read my summer reading list.
I’m hoping that I can get all my goals done or at least most of them this next month. My main theme for the month will be relaxing and cleaning.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com
Be sure to check out the other goals!