I had so many up and downs this month that I was not sure what would happen at the end of the month. April was good for me. I finally realized a few of my goals needed to change and make a big focus again.
My goals really do mean a lot to me. They are something that I can check off and put on my to do lists. I love looking at the end of the month and seeing my lists checked off. I do print off my list each month and work on it.
April was a month of watching as changes happened around us. We love spring and the many changes.
I have my three areas: blog, family and personal. I have found that each part makes up who I am and how I can be as a person, mother, wife and blogger.
These three areas help me limit and no over read on what goals I might be working on. Each goal and sub-goal help me focus more and more. I have been using my Goals Printable to help me stay focus on the task I need to do and so that don’t try to do more than I can do. Plus it helps me make smaller to-dos for each goal.
The blog projects have been going great other than keeping up with being ahead. This last week I finally got ahead. I want to be well ahead on my projects to mean less stress for me. I really love the blog and making things but when it is more stress than fun it can be hard. I did love putting out the new Alphabet Stomping Phonics Packs. They have been fun for us.
I have started to not blog on the weekends as much so that I can spend time with my family. Yes, that means less will be out for people but we want to have fun as a family. I also want to work on some bigger projects and those take time away from smaller things.
It is going to be a fun time this summer with the new summer program. Erin and I are VERY busy working on it!
- Get ahead on my blog posts at least 3 or 4 days – This is a MUST for me to be ready for a relaxing summer.
- Start of the 2016 Summer Program – Finish up the project and start putting it out at the end of the month.
- Finish 3 smaller selling products for the month – yes working towards making more selling products
- Finish up some Easy/Early reader books for requested project. Be on a look out for them as they come out.
- Use the Blog planner I bought – Look for planner that allows for 2 posts a day or maybe make one for next year
- Update 2 old post each week or update two download pages with links to the blog. (ON GOING)
- Keep a better list of projects started but not finished (I have around 30 projects started. I started lots of printables I did not finish this month.)
- Get back into doing more posts of other things we do and not as many printables
- Star working on a new Logo & Blog Design – this will be a year-long project
- Schedule less on Facebook – will only spend 30 minutes a day on this
I’ve been really bad about my cleaning and organizing lately. It shows in my house a lot. It was not under control and my girls got sick and it made things harder. I really do like my house clean. For us, a clean house is a calm house. We are so much calmer and get along when things are great.
I want to be a better mother and lately I have not been one. Yes, I’ve mad mistakes and been grumpy and it shows is how my girls are as well. I want to be happy again. Clean really does make me happier. We are doing more learning about chores and what chores my girls can do on their own. Plus we are doing some chore training as well.
- Keep a TO DO LIST! I need this I get more done even if I don’t complete it all. I keep track of my projects better.
- Declutter one area 15 minutes every day until one area is clean. The areas I’ll be cleaning are kitchen, stairs, my bedroom, the office room (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Keep my kitchen counter cleaned off!
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day. Then keep track on my to-do list, so I don’t forget laundry in washer.
- Use Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart – yes, this does help me get my cleaning done.
- Make a menu and use it
- Read more to my girls not less – Read at least 15 library books to them a month
- Start our reading prep for summer trips
- Find one on one time more with my girls
- Add to the girls chore list and help them learn the chore. (Working on Chore Charts)
- Do a family night once a week
- Let my girls spend time with just dad and do dad only activities.
- Start planning our summer activities and ideas of what fun ideas we could try.
- Spend time outside together doing activities.
I made my half way goal for my weight loss this month. I got to buy a new pair of pants and that was really exciting. I have pushed really hard on this goal. It has been part of my eating and daily fitness. I need those goals to help me keep healthy. A few months ago I found out I have prediabetes and that has meant changes and now I will keep up with those changes. I feel better and this will lead me to be a better mother and wife in the long run.
I’ve been bad about personal time but I have been doing TONS of reading and that has relaxed me a lot. I find that I escape to reading when I can and someone do it more than I should. I need to learn when to read and when to just find something else. Plus I did not do as much coloring. Coloring for me really is a calming activity. Plus it is something I can do with my girls.
- Find some low card high protein meals that are easy to make for me to eat for lunches.
- Daily Fitness – This means fitness comes before ANYTHING else. I have been doing this for two months and making this goal again because it is a good reminder for me.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. I’ll be using a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to help with my tracking.
- Schedule a time out of the house for me twice a month – I need to work on this more.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Last year I started reading these books self help and parenting books. This year I’m going to reread a few and post a review of some of them each month.
- Color in my coloring book when I get stressed or need a mommy time out
As always there are other joining me in doing monthly goals. It is always something fun we all enjoy doing. By posting my goals I am more likely to get them doing than if I just thought about them.
Read about some of the other goals from those in the group below!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com