I hear these words often, “your house always looks so nice”. Well, if you knew me you would never say that. There is a lot that happens or does not happen when you blog. If you are a blogger some things are very nicely staged that way. Today for Mother’s Day a few bloggers are talking about what happens behind the blog. The things you never see or know about. The life of a blogger is far from the perfect picture we give you.
1. When I started this blog over 2 years ago, it was a balance act and still is. I get up at 5AM to work on things. The only day I don’t get up at 5AM is on Sunday. I spend most of the morning in my pjs and slippers until the girls get up and then I get dressed. I rarely do my hair any more. Most times I just goes in a ponytail and stays that way all day.
2. One other behind the scenes is that I have fibromyalgia and it does affect how I get them done or not done.
3. When you see a nice clean table for an activity beware that the table might have looked like this or worse 15 minutes before we started the activity. I always have to move something out of the pictures or take a clever shot of the activity. There is never a time that something is not straightened or moved to make it look better.
4. I know a lot of your know my goal is to do two loads of laundry a day, but sometimes I wait until the last minute to fold them. So I have to move them out of way to take pictures. Even if the laundry is done I often have a basket somewhere that needs to be moved.
5. I’m not always as organized as I appear. A lot of times I miss making my to do list or or the menu for the week does not get done and things always fall apart.
6. I have ups and downs with my girls all the time. I love them but they can be a big trial for me.
7. My small kitchen counter rarely is clean these days. I don’t always get or make time to clean it as much as I would like. Plus my room looks like a mess.
8. Dusting does not always happen either. See I can write in the dust! Not all the cleaning gets done. Often times I can’t do as much as I want.
9. I make sure the girls room is cleaner than other rooms. I want to be able to go in their room and check on them if I need to during the night without stepping on something.
10. I always have a notebook at by my computer and always write ideas down in it. I have lists of ideas and lots of them never done. But still fun to collect them. I panic when I misplace them. I have about 6 of them, and each one has different notes in them. For what I do on the blog and printables I put in 30 to 40 hours each week. It is a job thought it does not pay like one.
11. Things don’t always run smoothly when we do activities. I use to post all our crafts but after we had one major melt down from the girls I started to only post them every now and then.
12. My girls don’t always want to do printables. I have to make creative ways for them to use them some time. And a lot of the time they just refuse to do them.
13. I love what I do. I hope that I can do it for years. I love the connection that I have with each one of you. Your comments always make a bad day the best day for me.
I hope you enjoyed my small part of behind the blog. Be sure to check out all the other bloggers doing this! We are all people with different things happening.
And Next Comes L | 3 Dinosaurs | Hands On: As we Grow | Kids Play Space | Life Over C’s | Makeovers & Motherhood | Not Just Cute | One Time Through | Play DrMom | Southern Girl Ramblings | Still Playing School | Teaching Mama | The Chaos and The Clutter | The Craft Train | The Educators’ Spin On It | The Measured Mom | The Mommy Talks | Third Stop on the Right | This Reading Mama
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com