My girls love going to art museums. Every time we go we do something different. This time we went and did a shape search. It is always fun. There are always so many different things to look for when you go to the museum. Shapes are always fun to look for. You can be creative about your shapes or find one that stick out while you are looking.
I made a fun printable to help us keep track of the shapes that we had found and where we found them!
If you can’t get to a museum I recommend the book: Museum Shapes (Metropolitan Museum of Art). It has great art work and is wonderful for giving kids ideas about shapes in art work.
There are always so many things to see in a museum. You can always find something different while you are there. There are exhibits that change and those that always stay the same. We did this shape challenge two ways. We did one where we found one new shape in each room and one where we tried to see how many shapes we could find in one room. It changed up the trip and made it fun for the girls. You can see some of the shapes we found in the picture below
We took a lot of time looking at this statue to see how many shapes we could find on it! It was loads of fun!
There are two different types of printables One with just shapes to color in or mark off.
The second printable you can mark off the shape and where you find out. My girls also did small drawings of what they found as well.
What you will find in these printables:
- 10 different shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, crescent, star, hexagon, diamond, heart
- 1 Page with just the Shapes
- 1 page with shapes and box to fill in information and draw
- Set that says “Museum Shape Hunt” and set that just says “Shape Hunt”
Check out these other shape activities & printables:
- Free Shape Playdough Mat with Tracing Shape & Word
- Shape Button Sensory Bin
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Trace & Color Printables
- New Shape Coloring Pages!
Check out these other Museum Activities & Trip Reviews: