This is a theme I have been looking forward to. The girls love to cook with me and we often switch up who gets to cook breakfast with me. To the kitchen can mean so many different things. It can mean baking, cooking or dishes. This will be a great theme to explore with your kids. This is a great idea for those younger kids that you want to explore parts of the kitchen. This will be a fun theme for sure. So much cooking happens at this time of year!
Two of our favorite books for this theme is Chopsticks and Spoon. They are fun and creative. We did activities with them that are still favorites for my girls: Painting with Kitchen and Playing with Chopsticks.
Our favorite cook book right now is Cooking for Isaiah: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes for Easy Delicious Meals. It is one that I use with my oldest as we explore new gluten free foods.
Check out these great books to go with our theme of To the Kitchen:
A great pack to go with this months theme To the Kitchen is the Free Dishes Pack. It has lots of great dishes and cooking themes.
If you’re interested in joining this month’s Poppin Nook Book club, here’s what you need to do…
- Comment below and let us know that you are joining in!
- Pick your favorite To the Kitchen (or a new one you want to check out) and read it with your child or class.
- Create an activity, project, craft, cooking project, etc. related to the book and do it.
- Come back and share it with us as part of a big To the Kitchen blog hop on Monday, November 29th! The linky will be live for 3 weeks, so if you aren’t ready to post on the 29th… just join in when you can!
Here are some of the people joining in the link up this month.
October’s theme was Beyond Our Planet: Making Constellations.
November’s Theme is To the Kitchen. (November 29th is the link up).
You can see the dates to link up below for the upcoming themes:
- December – No Book Club
- January – To The Laboratory
- February 23 – Poetry
Like all the months this month’s lapbook is about the kitchen! This is a great addition for the theme.
I hope that you can join up with us! I love looking at all the different ideas! And like me this month find a new book to possibly fall in love with!
Do you have a favorite kitchen themed book? If so comment and let me know!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com