This months Poppins Book Nook theme is Beyond Our Planet. Space is a big theme at our house. We are always talking about the stars and the planets. There are so many fun and exciting books about space. I’m sure we will have fun picking out a few of the books that we will like for this theme. There is a wide range of topics you can cover with space.
I’m sure we will have to pick what we are going to do but I do know that my girls have loved these two space books: Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story (Paula Wiseman Books) and Mousetronaut Goes to Mars (Paula Wiseman Books). Who does not like learning about space in a fun way. Plus the first book Mousetronaut is based on a partially true story about a one mouse and his journey into space.
Here are some of the book we plan on check out. Yes some of them are for older kids:
I have Free Space Pack which will go great with this months theme.
Also check out some of the space activities we have done:
If you’re interested in joining this month’s Poppin Nook Book club, here’s what you need to do…
- Comment below and let us know that you are joining in!
- Pick your favorite Beyond the Planet (or a new one you want to check out) and read it with your child or class.
- Create an activity, project, craft, cooking project, etc. related to the book and do it.
- Come back and share it with us as part of a big Beyond Our Planet blog hop on Monday, October 27th! The linky will be live for 3 weeks, so if you aren’t ready to post on the 27th… just join in when you can!
Here are some of the people joining in the link up this month.
September’s theme is The Wild West: Small World Play with the Wild West.
Octobers Theme is Beyond Our Planet. (October 27th is the link up).
You can see the dates to link up below for the upcoming themes:
- November 29th – To the Kitchen
- December – No Book Club
- January – To The Laboratory
- February 23 – Poetry
And with every month there is the lap book to help you out! This will help you with the theme for the month. Check out this months Lap book
I hope that you can join up with us! I love looking at all the different ideas! And like me this month find a new book to possibly fall in love with!
Do you have a favorite space Book? If so comment and let me know!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com