I had someone ask why I make goals. Well, they keep me working towards something. I plan my month and activities around it. It keeps me working on my to-do lists each day and I get more cleaning and organizing done.
One big change we are doing this year is letting my girls plan their school lunches and snacks. Then latter them help shop and see the cost and making sure we have everything for the week.
So today I have a new printable to help with that!
See below for more information on the printable at the end of the post.
As always my goals are divided up into three areas: blog, family and personal. I need all three because each is important to who I am.
September 2018 Blog Goals
August was a very busy month. I was working on printables, finishing up the Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs and working towards the new design and page layouts. It has been so much fun to see the new stuff. I’m looking forward to getting the design out.
- Have Apples, Football, Pirates and Leaves Themed Prinables & Activities in September
- Set business hours and stick to them
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes. I got a few one up already have you seen them?
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher store.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon! I hope to roll out with the new blog design
September 2018 Family Goals
It is back to school and we are starting some new goals for us. We shall see how they go! It is going to be an amazingly busy month for us. We will be starting a new chore system which is will be different but I hope good in the long run.
- Start piano lessons for the girls
- Get things set up for homework and back to school
- Organize the house better
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day.
- Take time to just be with my girls
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Plan School lunch Menus
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
September 2018 Personal Goals
August was a huge change from the summer away and now back to home and working on things. I was not as active as I wanted to be and I’m working on changing that. I also need to remember with all the busy to take some time for me to relax and not work. It is important to relax.
- Plan 2 personal activities out of the house
- Limit all sugary drinks and snacks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
Fall Themed Weekly School Lunch Menu and Shopping List
I wanted to make something simple and easy for my girls to use. That is what this is for. We are going to be using these to help avoid the, “I don’t know what to pack for lunch” this year.
I placed their menu in their at home help folders. This gives them a great way to look at what they are having.
What you will find in these printables:
- 1 page for a menu with lunch and snack shown on it.
- 1 page for shopping needs
- Monday through Friday on the menu
Be sure to check out the other bloggers that post monthly goals!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com