I’m excited about this the Wild West theme this month for the Poppins Book Nook. There are so many different books to explore about it. I know that you can always find something fun and interesting to read about the Wild West.
I know that I will have a hard time picking a book about it. I know my girls just love the book: Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House). So we might do that one, but we shall have to see. I really do love this book: How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Dragonfly Books). It may not be the wild west but it is about cowboys. My girls really enjoy that book. There are so many books to explore! Plus it is a great time in history to learn about the expansion of the west and the people that lived there! My family traveled west and settled there. It makes this theme fun for my girls and I.
Here are some books we will be check out this month, Yes there are some older books in here.
If you’re interested in joining this month’s Poppin Nook Book club, here’s what you need to do…
- Comment below and let us know that you are joining in!
- Pick your favorite The Wild West (or a new one you want to check out) and read it with your child or class.
- Create an activity, project, craft, cooking project, etc. related to the book and do it.
- Come back and share it with us as part of a big The Wild West blog hop on Monday, September 29th! The linky will be live for 3 weeks, so if you aren’t ready to post on the 29th… just join in when you can!
Here are some of the people joining in the link up this month.
August’s theme is What Will I Be When I Grow Up?:Whose Tools Are These: Exploring Community Helps Tools.
September’s theme is The Wild West. (September 29th is the link up).
You can see the dates to link up below for the upcoming themes:
- October 27th – Beyond Our Planet
- November 29th – To the Kitchen
- December – No Book Club
- January – To The Laboratory
- February 23 – Poetry
And with every month there is the lap book to help you out! This will help you with the theme for the month. Check out this months Lap book
I hope that you can join up with us! I love looking at all the different ideas! And like me this month find a new book to possibly fall in love with!
Do you have a favorite Wild West? If so comment and let me know!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com