I just love using ten frame cards! They are such a great way to teach counting, number recognition, and math. It is also nice to changes for the seasons.
Today I have some free St Patrick’s Day Ten Frame Cards. My favorite part about these cards is that they allow kids to do some hands-on counting. It is a huge help for math later.
These are a great addition to the St. Patrick’s Day Activities on the site.
Ten Frames are an excellent way to work on counting and math at the same time. They are used a lot at the start of Preschool, Kindergarten and First Grade. By using the ten frames, kids have a different way of learning counting.
There are two types of ten frame cards. It allows for different levels of learning. You can use them to start to learn or review their numbers.
You have a number and matching clovers filled in on the ten frame. It is great for the beginner to use.
You have a number on the leprechaun kid and a blank ten frame. It is good for the older kindergarten and review for first grade.
Things We Used With These Printables
Here are a few of the hands-on items we have used with these printables.
How We Used These Printables
One way we use the ten frame cards that are fill in is to have my girls cover the items to match the card. You can have them count while they do it. We use green glass gems or clear counting chips for this. It allows they to still see the number they covered.
On the blank ten frame, we use the unifix cubes to fill in the correct number.
One way I have used the blank ten games where I printed the pages as they are and used a dot marker on them.
You can also use either ten frames for basic math. We used the blank or filled in cards. On the blank cards, I have them do two sets of unifix cubes colors to match up to the number.
What you will find in St Patrick’s Day Ten Frame Selling Set:
Looking for more ten frame activities? Check out the full set of the St Patrick’s Day themed ten frame set for St Patrick’s Day. It has a great collection of number cards, hands-on and no prep printables, and 2 easy reader books with numbers 1 to 20.
- St Patricks’s Day Themed Ten Frame with a blank frame and filled out number cards with numbers 1 to 20
- Clover to use in Blank Ten Frame Cards
- St Patricks’s Day Themed Ten Frame Cards with a filled out number and Ten Frames with numbers 1 to 20
- St Patricks’s Day Ten Frame Cards – Blank Number and filled out Ten Frame with numbers 1 to 20
- St Patricks’s Day Ten Frame with Blank Number and Ten Frame
- 1 to 20 Number Cards to Use on Ten Frame Number Matching
- Pot of Gold Number Cards 1 to 20 to use with worksheets
- 10 Ten Frame Worksheet to use with Pot of Gold Cards Numbers 1 to 10 numbers and a page for teen numbers 11 through 20.
- No Prep 10 Frame Worksheets 1- 10 and 11 -20 – Fill in the Ten Frame
- No Prep 10 Frame Worksheets 1- 10 and 11 -20 – Fill in the Number
- Clover Themed Ten Frame Easy Reader Book for numbers 1 to 10 (Single Print & Teacher Print)
- Clover Themed Ten Frame Easy Reader Book for numbers 11 to 20 (Single Print & Teacher Print)
- Price: $4
What you will find in free ten frame printables:
- Numbers 1 to 10
- Ten Frame without picture
- Ten Frame with clover images
- 10 clovers to use with ten frames
Check out all the St Patrick’s Day Printables & Activities on 3 Dinosaurs.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com