The girls and I enjoy being a part of the Virtual Book Club. We have been doing it for a long time. The girls always look forward to seeing what books we will be doing. At the end of the year I thought I would round up all the activities and introduction posts from the last year.
Each month had a featured author and three books that are featured from that author. You can find all those details in the introduction posts. Plus a link to the activity that we did. You can going to find eleven great activities that you can do with you kids. Plus links to everyone else posts in the group!
- In September the featured author was Mo Willems. He is a favorite at our house. We are always reading his books. Check out the three books picked for this month in our introduction post. We did a Counting Chocolate Chips – Duckling Gets a Cookie
- In October the featured author was Julia Donaldson. We have read several of her books now thanks to the virtual book club. You can read more about our favorite books plus the three featured books in the introduction post. We had tons of fun with Room on the Broom with the Counting Ingredients in the Caldron activity.
- In November the featured author was Eric Litwin. We love the first three Pete the Cat books. They are some of our favorites! You can find out more about the three books in our introduction post. We did a very fun activity with buttons Check out the Learning With Buttons – Pete The Cat
- In January the featured author was Ellen Stoll Walsh. She has some great books for learning basic themes. You can read about the three books in our introduction post. We had tons of fun with our Color Mixing Painting – Mouse Paint activity.
- In February the featured author was Dr Seuss. There are so many great books to read. It was hard to pick just one of the three from the choices. You can read about them in the Introduction post. We loved our activity that we did. We did a Truffula Tree Number Matching – The Lorax. We do this activity often now.
- In March featured author was Margaret Wise Brown. We have read so many of her books. The books in the introduction post are some classics. We read them often. We did a fun Goodnight Moon Gross Motor activity.
- In April the featured author was Laura Numeroff. She has some great books. We had a hard time picking one form the three. You can see the see books in the introduction post. We did a fun activity Making Gluten Free Muffins – If You Give A Moose a Muffin.
- In May the featured author was Eric Carle. We love his books. It was hard to pick just one book from the three. You can read about them in the introduction post. We finally did pick one and did Two Flower Crafts – The Tiny Seed.
- In June the featured author was Leo Lionni. We have several favorites of his books. You can read about those books and the three featured books in the introduction post. We had a fun time doing our Watercolor Fish – Swimmy activity.
- In July the featured author was Donald Crews. We first learned about him in the year before book club. We found several books we liked. You can read about that and the three featured books in the introduction post. We had fun doing our Color Freight Train activity.
- In August the featured author was Bill Martin Jr.. He has some great books. You can learn about the featured books in the introduction post. We had fun with our Brown Bear, Brown Bear Gross Motor Ideas activity.
Be sure to check out all the great posts!
Did you have a favorite author from this year?
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com