We have been looking forward to this months Virtual Book Club! My girls just loved Leo Lionni and we have so many of his books. It was hard to pick between the three books for this months choices.
We have done several of the watercolor cookie cutter paintings. Our first one was a heart collage. They are fun way to do the painting. Plus allows for little kids to make great pictures with them.
We have been doing a few ocean activities and we picked Swimmy Because it fit right in with what we were doing. This is an easy activity that multiple ages can do. The cookie cutters make it so younger ages can do the activity as well. Even if the cookie cutter moves you still get the idea of what it was.
First she painted all the red fish on the paper. We used different color that were close to read as well as read.
Then she painted on our black fish on top of the fish she had already painted. That made our eye of our fish.
She then added eyes to all the fish on her painting. This made each of the individual fish stand out more.
Here is a look at our final product:
Also be sure to check out our other Swimmy Activity: Finger Print Fish
Check out these other ocean activities:
Looking for more Ocean Activities? Check out the round up of all the Ocean and Beach Activities on 3 Dinosaurs.
Check out all the Swimmy activities:
- The Educators’ Spin On It – Swimmy- Alphabet Fish Game
- Mama Miss- DIY Stamps – Swimmy
- Inspiration Laboratories – Fisy Math Practice: Swimmy by Leo Lionni
- Toddler Approved – Sticky Fish Craft for Toddlers
Check out all the Little Blue and Little Yellow activities:
- Growing Book by Book- Little Blue and Little Yellow Sensory Writing
- Lalymom- Little Blue and Little Yellow Twisty Cups for Color Mixing and Story Telling
- Rainy Day Mum – No mess colour theory experiment
Check out all the A Color of His Own activities:
Here are some other Leo Lionni books you can check out:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com