Because we are headed into winter it is time for new school lunch planning menus. We love these during the fall and want to keep using them. I love having seasonal changes for us to do. The menus are a great way for kids to keep track of what they need to help make their own lunch.
Plus today is about my goals for the month. Why set goals? Because it keeps me going and working on projects and activities. Plus I have a list I can check off each day, week or month. I love my goals because they help me keep on track.
December is about taking time off and working on updates on changes to the site. I can’t wait for you to see the new site. I have TONS of work to get all the testing done and ready for you to see.
As always my goals are divided up between the blog, my family and personal.
December 2018 Blog Goals
The blog and site are getting a HUGE makeover the in the months or so. I’ve been working with someone to fix the pdf issues and make it easier to find things. Plus adding grade levels and so much more! It is going to take time to update everything and test everything so I’ll be taking a step back from a lot of blogging to make sure that happens. I’m so excited to see the changes and what that means for everyone!
- Finish up the Major Part of the New website and Design With plans to launch the new site rollout in January/February – It may be a rolling launch
- Taking two weeks off from blogging to work on other projects
- Have a gingerbread themed week and a few other Christmas printables and maybe a few last minute New Years
- The Romping & Roaring Multiplication Set will be coming out in January
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes. I got a few changes up already have you seen them?
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher store.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon! I hope to roll out with the new blog design
December 2018 Family Goals
My oldest turned 13 during November. It has been a crazy month. Plus we have had at least two of us with strep and it was crazy. We are looking forward to a relaxing December. That means more family time. We are going to do loads of family stuff and that means less time for the blog and other things. I love taking this time of year to spend with them. Plus Hanukkah is early this year and we always have fun with that.
My goal is to be ready for All the holidays by the first week. So that I’m no running around and can just enjoy the time.
- Plan holiday shopping and budget for the season
- Draw and mail pictures for our friend who is dealing with cancer
- Keep to our after school schedule
- Organize the house better and declutter loads
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Plan School lunch Menus
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
December 2018 Personal Goals
In November I signed up for some fitness classes and I’m excited to keep doing them. I’m hoping that I can keep it up for a long time. It is going to be an interesting change for me. I still plan on keeping up with my walking. I am excited about it. Plus I plan on sticking to a calorie count for the month. I want to not overeat but still have a great time.
I’m also going to take the week of Christmas off to spend with my family and enjoy some personal time.
- Count my calories.
- Plan 2 personal activities out of the house
- Limit all sugary drinks and snacks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Go to three fitness classes a week
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
Winter Themed Weekly School Lunch Menu and Shopping List
We love the fall one so much I made a winter version of the lunch menu. It is simple and easy to use plus we love having things planned out as much as we can.
What you will find in these printables:
- 1 page for a menu with lunch and snack shown on it.
- 1 page for shopping needs
- Monday through Friday on the menu
Be sure to check out the other bloggers that post monthly goals!
Creating a Joyful Family Christmas and Peaceful Holiday Season by Mama Smiles – She always have great ones. I love her goal of being patient this year during the holidays.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com