Reading is something we all should be doing. Reading with out kids is very important. They learn a lot with reading. Over the next month the challenge from Royal Baloo and 3 Dinosaurs is to read at least 30 minutes a day with your kids.
Yes, I know that March was National Reading Month. I hope that you took part in that. It was a lot of fun to do it. That is part of the reason for this challenge in April. It is to keep up that reading. I also encourage you to read at least one new book for all of you a week.
My thoughts on reading with your kids.
- Always let them pick out some of the books. It encourages them to look for new things.
- Ask why they picked out that book. Find out why they choose the book. Does it have a favorite topic? Do they like the pictures or the story?
- Have everyone comfortable when reading.
- Have a reading box. In our box we keep library books and what every our current theme we are working on.
- Introduce them to new books.
- Read family favorites over and over.
- Keep track of what you have read.
- Visit to library to get new books. We try and do this weekly if we can.
- Have book around that the kids are interested in.
- Read as a family and one on one.
Looking for ideas of books to read? Check out some of my Virtual Book Club and Poppins Book Nook posts! They will have books and on the links lots of books on the various subjects and Authors. Monthly I also have a Book Finds! Check those out to see if you see a new book you would like at your house!
This will be a fun challenge. To help with this challenge, I have made some new Theme Reading Charts. There are also reading charts for spring, summer, fall and winter. So no matter the season you are in you have a reading chart. Also be sure to check out Royal Baloo for her reading charts as well!
Our first link up will be on April 6th! You can link up or just a leave a comment with what books you read! I hope to see you then!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com