Word ladders are a great way for kids to explore new words. The newest addition for the learning to read printables is the R-Controlled Vowel Word Ladders. These go great with the R-Controlled Vowel Wall Cards.
These make great literary centers for kids to work on words making the beginning and ending sounds while working on the r-controlled vowel words.
I really enjoy pulling out the ladders to work with my girls. They are such an easy tool to use and kids like that they can play with moving the different tiles around.
There are two ladders on each page. Each ladder has five lines for them to makes their words on.
One fun part about this set of ladders is that you can have bigger words before and after the r-controlled vowels. This lets kids have fun making words. Let them see how big of a word they can make.
Graphics from Whimsy Clips.
What you will find in these printables:
- R-controlled vowels: ar, er, ir, or, and ur
- 2 ladders per page
- 3 pages
R-Controlled Vowel Wall Cards & Ladder Selling Set
The R-Controlled Vowel Wall Cards and Ladders has two different types of wall cards and matching ladders to use with the wall cards. Plus this set has the two sizes of wall cards with both types of cards. One is great for hanging on the wall and the second type makes a great flipbook for kids to use.
- R-Controlled: ar words, er words, ir words, or words, ur words
- 2 Cards per page or 4 Cards per page options
- R-Controlled Vowel Ladders
- R-Controlled Vowel Cards Large with several words
- R-Controlled Vowel Cards Large with single image word ending
- R-Controlled Vowel Cards small with several words
- R-Controlled Vowel Cards small with single image word ending
- 16 pages
- Price: $2.50
Check out these other learning to read ladders:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com