July has been a really fun month of me playing and relaxing with my girls. I took time off and really enjoyed the summer. We have loved our fun time. Summer is normally a busy work time but this year I took time off and just relaxed. It also meant that some goals that I have had went away because I know that I wanted to spend time with my girls and not just sitting in front of the computer.
My August goals are limited a lot because I’ll be spending a few more weeks just spending time with my girls. That means a few days of no computer time as well! Check out some of the goals that I have this month.
I divide my goals into three areas: blog, family and personal. This division allows me to make goals for each of those areas. Each one has daily, weekly and monthly goals. It allows me to be able to put them into my to do list as I work on it. I also review each area as I finish up the month before.
I took my first every really blog break. I went computer and phone free for 3 days! I loved it and made me feel like I wanted to do and make more. I have made so many plans of things I want to make for free and for sale in the next few months. I can say I got a lot up for sale in the last few weeks but not blogged about. A lot of fun things are done and coming!
- Get ahead on my blog posts at least 3 or 4 days – This is a MUST for me to be ready for a relaxing summer.
- Start a summer posting schedule of 4 or 5 posts a week. I’ll be taking the weekends off to make sure I relax.
- Take one planned break from blogging and the computer
- Finish 2 smaller selling products for the month – yes working towards making more selling products. I’ll be putting them up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Work more on the new Romping & Roaring Shape Packs! yes I picked a big set to work on.
- Use the Blog Planner I bought – Look for planner that allows for planning two posts a day
- Update 1 old post each week or update two download pages with links to the blog. (ON GOING)
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates.
- Star working on a new Logo & Blog Design – this will be a year-long project
- Schedule less on Facebook – will only spend 30 minutes a day on this
My last month was really about spending time with my girls. I enjoyed a fun time playing frisbee and just running around with them. I loved not being tied to the computer all the time. I found that I was more creative and relaxed after I spent time just running around with my girls. I LOVED my computer weekend and my time I did during the week as well. It was so much fun. I’ll be doing it a few times again. I was not stressed as much and nor were my girls. We did LOADS of sidewalk chalk and playing. It was really fun to just have fun again.
- Spend one weekend Computer Free!
- Keep a TO DO LIST and weekly menu! I need this I get more done even if I don’t complete it all. I keep track of my projects better.
- Declutter one area 15 minutes every day until one area is clean. The areas I’ll be cleaning are kitchen, stairs, my bedroom, the office room (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Keep my kitchen counter cleaned off!
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day. Then keep track on my to-do list, so I don’t forget laundry in washer. Work on the girls doing more laundry.
- Use Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart – yes, this does help me get my cleaning done.
- Read more to my girls not less – Start Our Summer Reading!
- Add to the girls chore list and help them learn the chore. (Working on Chore Charts)
- Start buying the school supplies for school!
I also want to spend more solo time even if I just have to step outside on my own for a bit. I found I enjoyed that computer and kid free time. It is important for me to relax so I can be a better mom, wife, and blogger. When you really take time to relax and really take a break from things you do feel better. I know that I really did feel great. I also got 4 pages colored in my coloring book! I was so excited about it. My girls and I have been coloring together.
I plan on reading at least 4 new books this month and loads of rereading a lot of books. I might be reading loads of Harry Potter Books.
- Daily Fitness – This means fitness comes before ANYTHING else. I have to have my fitness to make sure my day goes better. My attitude is better when I do.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. I’ll be using a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to help with my tracking.
- Do daily walks before kids get up or workout dvd to get my fitness in. Start planning my fitness for the fall!
- Schedule a time out of the house for me twice a month – I need to work on this more.
- Take days off! I mean really take them off with no blog work at all on those days.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Last year I started reading these books self help and parenting books. This year I’m going to reread a few and post a review of some of them each month.
- Color in my coloring book when I get stressed or need a mommy time out – at least 15 minutes a day
- Read the new Harry Potter Book: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!