August was an amazing month for my girls and I. We had a great time as a family and relaxed. I made my goals done, and it was so relaxing. I can say that while on vacation it was amazing for me and I did great. Coming home was hard and frustrating to try and set back into projects again. There are so many things going on. I stopped working on my goals and worked on less and less.
We have a new month, and goals are similar and some changes. Today is also my girls first day of school. That means major changes for me and I hope to settle into the changes quickly. I have some big things I want to do in all my areas. You can see some of them over the next month and in coming months.
I picked this month’s image from one of my favorite images for the last month.
I divide my goals into three areas: blog, family and personal. This division allows me to make goals for each of those areas. Each one has daily, weekly and monthly goals. It allows me to be able to put them into my to do list as I work on it. I also review each area as I finish up the month before.
I got a lot done during the summer and loved it. Mostly I loved that I was days and days ahead on projects and posts. I did like it. I also got a lot of projects finished and updated for others. I did tons of changes on printables that I put up for sale. I also got a lot of updates done on my printables section on my blog. I have tons of changes that are happening, and I’m excited about it.
This month I’ll do my first growing bundle as well. Keep an eye out for the post that will be coming on it.
- Get ahead on my blog posts at least 3 or 4 days.
- Take Weekends off and keep to a work week only if I can do it.
- Take one planned break from blogging and the computer. I love this during the summer.
- Finish 6 smaller selling products for the month – yes working towards making more selling products. I’ll be putting them up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Complete teacher requested projects that will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher and Teachers Notebook. Yes, I have taken on a few paying projects.
- Finish the new Romping & Roaring Shape Packs! The main packs are finished working on extras. Look for a Building Bundle Coming soon!
- Use the Blog Planner I bought – Look for planner that allows for planning two posts a day
- Update 1 old post each week or update two download pages with links to the blog. (ON GOING)
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates.
- Star working on a new Logo & Blog Design – this will be a year-long project
- Schedule less on Facebook – will only spend 30 minutes a day on this
- Write up a few trip reviews
- Review the survery results.
My girls and I relaxed into our summer and had a fun time. We were totally enjoyed having everything simple. I hope to keep some of that going. We are doing changes around in the house and that means loads of planning on my part.
We have a new chore chart we will be working on. It will help us change things up a little bit and keep my girls and I organized. We are moving a few things around in the house. That means keeping us going on our goals. We have a new school routine to work out as well.
- Work on our School rountine for the Year
- Spend one weekend Computer Free!
- Keep a TO DO LIST and weekly menu! I need this I get more done even if I don’t complete it all. I keep track of my projects better.
- Declutter one area 15 minutes every day until one area is clean. The areas I’ll be cleaning are kitchen, stairs, my bedroom, the office room (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Keep Homework area clean
- Keep my kitchen counter cleaned off!
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day. Then keep track on my to-do list, so I don’t forget laundry in washer. Work on the girls doing more laundry.
- Use Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart – yes, this does help me get my cleaning done.
- Read more to my girls not less – Start Our Fall Reading list!
- Add to the girls chore list and help them learn the chore. (Working on Chore Charts)
- Clean out unused items and declutter the whole office
I’m going to be taking on several projects for me this year. I hope to keep up my fitness this fall. Plus take personal time and not work on just one area for the time my girls are in school.
- Set alarms for school bus and walking times.
- Schedule my block of time that the girls are in school between: blog, personal and family.
- Daily Fitness – This means fitness comes before ANYTHING else. I have to have my fitness to make sure my day goes better. My attitude is better when I do.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. I’ll be using a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to help with my tracking.
- Figure out my fall fitness plan.
- Work on my making sure I eat right all the time
- Schedule a time out of the house for me twice a month – I need to work on this more.
- Take days off! I mean really take them off with no blog work at all on those days.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Last year I started reading these books self help and parenting books. This year I’m going to reread a few and post a review of some of them each month.
- Color in my coloring book when I get stressed or need a mommy time out – at least 15 minutes a day
- Finish the new Harry Potter Book: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! Yes, I’m reading it slowly and not fast.