We are always doing some writing activity. I like to see how creative my girls can be. They always have great ideas for writing. They asked if I would make some space themed paper for them for our space week. I thought it would be fun to fun to have!
It is fun how just changing the image on paper can change how they feel about something. My girls love doing space themed activities. I think we have done one or two at least every year!
We have some planet basic writing paper to help those space loving kids!
This is a part of the 7 Days of Space Printables
I love themed paper and writing with them. This space paper has the sun, eight planets, Pluto, a galaxy, the moon, and a comet. There is a planet for the space lover at your house. This set of paper was made to go with the Planet Learning Pack. I like when things can be used together.
Each of the images has four pages for each with guidelines with name, paper with just guidelines, line paper with name and paper with just lines.
Here is a look at how the page with guidelines looks like. You can see there are nice big lines for kids to write on. It works perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and early first grade.
The second page type is just a single line. Loads of space for kids that know how to write but still need some area for writing the letters. This is ideal for late first, second and third grade.
One way we are using the paper is to work on our sight words. We have loved the different themed sight word cards. They make learning loads of fun. I have this writing activity set up for my youngest to work on her current sight words. We are using the Space Themed Sight Word Cards
There are many others ways to use the papers. Here are a few ways that we have used them.
- Write about the planet on the paper
- Write about what you would do if you went to the planet
- Write about what it would take to travel to all the planets
- Write about where you might see the planet in the sky at night
- Write about the phases of the moon
- Journal what you see in the sky at night
- Practice writing sight words
- Write a book report
- Practice writing letters using the Planet ABC Cards
- Practice writing numbers
- Practice writing their name
- Practice writing their address
- Practice writing their phone number
- Practice spelling Words
- Practice writing the day of the week
- Practice writing months of the year
- Keep a journal of what you do daily
- Write letters to grandparents or other family
There is never just one way to use writing paper. You might be able to come up with even more ideas than I have!
What you will find in these printables:
- 13 different space images – 4 pages for picture
- Pages with lines with name and page with just lines
- Pages with guidelines with name and page with just guidelines
- 52 pages of printables
Check out these other space printables:
Be sure to check out the other Printables from the 7 Days of Space Printables.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com