We had a hard time picking between the three book. It was hard. We love all the book by Eric Carle. Since we are just starting the explore flower and outside this year I thought it would be fun to do a flower activity.
We read the book The Tiny Seed (The World of Eric Carle). I love the progress of the book and watching the seed as it moves and changes.
We had a hard time picking just one craft to do. We really do enjoy doing flower crafts at our house. There is a fun flower we made from different types of craft and the second is a fun way to make a dot marker flower.
Dot Marker Flower Stained Glass Window
This is a really simple and easy craft! It does not take much time at all and looks wonderful in windows!
The first step is to cover the dot marker page with baby oil. You can see full instructions for this here.
Then pick out your colors and dot away. The picture afterwards looks great in the windows!
Multiple Texture Flower
This project was so much fun! We really loved doing it. It has some fun textures to play with that are all different in their own ways.
Second she poked in the feathers to the yellow center. This was fun to see how the feathers soon made it look more like a flower.
The last part she made the stem and leaves and attached them to the flower.
Here is a look at our two projects:
Here are other Eric Carle projects and trips on 3 Dinosaurs:
- Eric Carle Museum – Trip Review
- Free House for Hermit Crab Coloring
- Playdough House for Hermit Crab
- Baby Bear, Baby Bear Gross Motor
- Free House for Hermit Crab Pack
Check out all the The Very Hungry Caterpillar activities:
- Inspiration Laboratories – 3 Very Hungry Caterpillar Inspired Scavenger Hunts
- Lalymom – Easy Very Hungry Caterpillar Fine Motor Skills Activity
- Playdough to Plato – Very Hungry Caterpillar Puzzles
- Toddler Approved – Very Hungry Caterpillar Paper Plate Name Game
- The Pleasantest Thing – The Very Hungry Caterpillar I Spy
- Growing Book by Book – The Very Hungry Caterpillar Activities: Letter Sorts
- The Educators’ Spin On It – Lacing Letters Inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Rainy Day Mum – Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the week
Check out all the The Tiny Seed (The World of Eric Carle) activities:
Check out all the The Mixed-Up Chameleon activities:
Here are some other Eric Carle books you can check out:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com