I love having a lot of variety for my prewriting activities. But sometimes it is just nice to have the dotted lines all going the same direction. These are easy to use and great for kids that need lots of practice with their prewriting.
There are several different pages to use with your kids. Plus they are a no-prep free prewriting worksheet you can use with kids.
They are easy to use and great for those that are working up from bigger lines to smaller lines to trace.
Prewriting is something that some kids need a lot of work on. I know that with my girls each of them varied in what they needed. I made these as a way to help out my youngest get better at her prewriting.
This is a fun collection of pre writing practice worksheets to you with your kids to use. There are 14 different pages of prewriting practice. This gives them a change to build up some of the basic writing and fine motor skills.
Each of the pages has one type of prewriting line that they can focus on. Here is an example of one of the pages. I love to use pencils for older kids but you can always change that up.
Things to use with these prewriting printables
These are just a few of the items you could use with these worksheets. They are a mix of different writing items and hands-on items.
- copy paper
- colored pencils
- sheet protectors
- dry erase markers
- mini erasers
How we use this prewriting practice printable
If you want to change things up to can always use different items with them. You can always use just a pencil as show above. But not all kids are excited about that.
One of the ways we change it up is to use markers. The big markers are easy to grip and kids can pick their favorite color to use no-prep prewritng pages.
I also love to give them different crayons to match the number of lines and have them trace each line with the colors.
If you have someone who needs a challenge with the pages try using watercolors. It forces them to work more fine motor skills while painting the small dotted lines. You can start simple and work up to the more complex lines.
One fun activity we have done with them is to put mini tracers on the pre-writing lines. This is a fun way to change up the how you use the pages. You can always find erasers that or even stickers that would make what your child or student has an interest in.
This is great for the child that does not want to write.
If you are looking for more prewriting printables you can check out the selling set that has similar pages plus is teacher ready. The set has a range of prewriting pages and activities. It also include the start and stop to help kids that like visuals. The set has over 170 page and started with beginner lines and works to more advance prewriting skills.
What you will find in the free prewriting practice printables:
- One pre-writing line type per page
- Single line with a thin dashed lines
- 14 pages of printables
- No-prep pre-writing worksheets
Fine Motor Prewriting Printable Set
Looking for more pre-writing printables or want it just ready to print and use. Then check out the Fine Motor Prewriting Printable Set.
This set includes some of the printables above in an easy no-prep printable set. Plus additional and new printables. The sets include big and thin dashed lines, no-prep pages, prewriting strips, easy reader book and more!
What you will find in these printables:
- Big Solid and Dashes Prewriting Lines with a start and stop.
- Big Solid and Dashes Prewriting mixed with start and stop
- Thin Prewriting lines with start and stop.
- Thin Lines Prewriting mixed with start and stop.
- Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts in guidelines with start and stop.
- Prewriting Practice with Patterns with prewriting fonts – Large Font
- Prewriting Practice prewriting fonts single repeated prewriting
- Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts all fonts together
- Prewriting Practice Patterns with prewriting fonts – Single Pattern Repeated
- Prewriting Practice Patterns with prewriting fonts – mixed patterns together
- Prewriting Practice Patterns Finish the Patterns with prewriting fonts – mixed patterns together
- Prewriting Practice Spin & Trace Prewriting Fonts
- Prewriting Strips: Big Solid Prewriting Lines with Stop & Start – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Big Dashed Prewriting Lines with Stop & Start – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting thin lines with start and stop – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts in guidelines with start and stop – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts in guidelines.
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting Practice Patterns
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Big Dashes Lines – Single Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Big Dashes Lines – Teacher Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Thin Dashes Lines – Single Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Thin Dashes Lines – Teacher Print
- 174 pages
- Price: $8
You might also like the Prewriting Practice Dice
Royal Baloo also has some great cutting practice printables!
I hope you enjoy these printables!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com