It has been a year since I started setting goals. It has been a great fun to see and mark off my goals as I make them. I found that goals help me be a better mom and person. I do know they only work IF I work on them. Just making goals is not enough. Putting all the ingredients out for muffins and expecting them to make them selves wont work.
For 2015, I’m going to be posting about some of my goals in Instagram throughout the month. This will also help and see how I work on a few things. I have a few things I made last year that will help me out this year. I’m more prepared than I have ever been.
Something that I made to help with 2015 is a Goals printable. You can see more about it below.
Some of these are year around goals and some are monthly goals. I am going to be sticking to some of my goals. I have a lot of posts I want to update and re-share that a lot of people have never seen.
- Use the Blog Planner – pick between the look I’m looking at QUICK
- Turn in projects early – this means well before due date
- Update and fix 3 old posts or download pages each week
- Work on some older age projects for the upcoming seasons – 1st – 3rd Activities
- Keep getting up early 5 days a week and take weekends off for early mornings.
- Get better about Instagram! I really need to make sure I’m doing it every day.
- Find my 10 task that I gave myself for January
- Don’t buy any new craft supplies, use only what I have for 3 months – Challenge from hubby
A lot of my family goals is really about me being a better mom and wife. I need to keep better track of what I’m doing and working on. Some of these goals work nicely into my To Do lists and Menus that I have made.
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day & Keep track of the loads that I’m doing
- No dishes in the sink (or on the counter, stove etc) at the end of the day – this helps me start my day out right
- De-clutter one area every day! This is only for 15 minutes, but 15 minutes of hard work. I’ll also be doing this declutter challenge
- Spend more time reading as a group with the girls – Reading chapter books at night or another story.
- Make a weekly menu to make shopping and cooking easier for me and if someone else has to take over. (Use Winter Menu)
- Making Shopping List printable to help out with shopping
- Cook breakfast on school days
- Make schedules to have at home for before and after school
Why set personal goals? Well because if I don’t I’ll get so rapped up in other things that I will forget to take care of me. If I don’t take care of me I can’t take care of my family. I have to take care of my emotional, spiritual and physical needs in order to be a better person.
- Take time to unwind from stressful days and give myself a time out time if needed
- Read every day personal and learning
- Listen to one conference talk every day
- 5 days of fitness and make sure to vary what I’m doing.
- Become more Healthy in my eating habits. I don’t want to eat at the computer and going to try and avoid soda.
- Write each day what my personal time will be with a set goal for that time. This could be number of pages in a book, etc
- Write down every day what I’m Thankful for using the Gratitude Journal.
- Read 50 books in 2015 – I used to do this and loved it. Now I’m back for the challenge again. Parenting and self help book list coming soon!
FREE Goal Tracking Printable
To help with my big goals for the year I made a printable to help me out. This is simple and easy. I will use this for my bigger goals that can be used every day and have different parts to it. I made these because I realized that some big goals need smaller goals for them to work and make it easier complete. My hope is that these printables will help make the big goals easier for me. I can also see when I’ve got even a small part done.
What you will find in these printables:
- Colors: Pink or Blue
- Main goals
- 3 steps to complete goal
- Daily Goals to help with big goal
As always there are other posting their goals as well!
This is also a link! Here are the people that are co-hosting this monthly! So don’t forget to post your goals if you have them!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com