Numbers are something we are always teaching. You learn names and work to counting numbers and just learning to recognize patterns of the numbers.
We have loved the different ten frame activities and I wanted to expand on that to give more options with hands-on and no-prep printables to use as well!
We have a totally fun Ocean Themed Ten Frames set for kids to use.
The ocean themed ten frame set could be used in PreK and Kindergarten. Plus it could be a review for those going into first grade.
There are several different types of printables in this set. There are 4 different styles of ten frame cards, ten frame worksheets, and easy reader books.
Ten Frame Cards
Ten Frame cards make great centers for kids to use. I have made a few themed sets but I wanted to add a little more to this set. You are going find four different types of cards. Each card set goes from 1 to 20.
To make the cards last longer I recommend laminating them.
The second set of cards has the number and the ten frame filled out. This is great for kids just working on learning ten frame counting.
The third set has the ten frame filled out and a space to write in or match the numbers. There are number 1 to 20 cards to match space on the cards.
The fourth set of cards is blank all the way around. This allows you to build the numbers as you go. It has a 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 option for them.
Ten Frame Worksheets
There are three different types of Ocean themed Ten Frame Worksheets: worksheets with cards, no-prep writing in number and no-prep fill in ten frames.
The worksheet with the cards has two options from 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 or you could limit it to 11 to 20. Each sheet has a ten frame and a shark with a blank sign. The kids pull the shark number card and fill in the shark sign and ten frames to match the number.
The second worksheet is the no-prep writing in the numbers. The worksheet has the ten frames fill out with sharks. They write the correct number on the shark sign to match the ten frame. There are options for 1 to 10 and 11 to 20.
The third worksheet has the sharks signs filled in. They color the ten frames to match the number on the shark sign. There are options for 1 to 10 and 11 to 20. This is a no-prep printable.
Ten Frame Easy Reader Books
Easy reader books have been a great way to explore different parts of learning. Both of these books are a great addition to this. Each book works a set of numbers 1 to 10 or 11 to 20.
Each page in the books has a ten frame with ocean animals in it. The book has a spot to fill out how many ocean animals the boy or girl saw.
If you want to add a hands-on activity to this you can use the blank frame card and fill it out to match as you go. I used unifix cubes to go on the cards and had the ten frame that matches the book.
Here are some things we used with this set
What you will find in these printables
- Ocean Themed Ten Frame with blank frame and filled out number cards with numbers 1 to 20
- Ocean Animals to use in Blank Ten Frame Cards
- Ocean Themed Ten Frame Cards with filled out number and Ten Frames with numbers 1 to 20
- Ocean Ten Frame Cards – Blank Number and filled out Ten Frame with numbers 1 to 20
- Ocean Ten Frame with Blank Number and Ten Frame
- Numbers Cards 1 to 20 to Use on Ten Frame Number Matching
- Shark Number Cards 1 to 20 to use with worksheets
- 10 Ten Frame Worksheet to use with Shark Numbers 1 to 10 numbers and a page for teen numbers 11 through 20
- No Prep 10 Frame Worksheets 1- 10 and 11 -20 – Fill in the Ten Frame
- No Prep 10 Frame Worksheets 1- 10 and 11 -20 – Fill in the Number
- Ocean Themed Ten Frame Easy Reader Book for numbers 1 to 10 (Single Print & Teacher Print)
- Ocean Themed Ten Frame Easy Reader Book for numbers 11 to 20 (Single Print & Teacher Print)
- 83 pages
- Price: $4
Looking for more Beach and Ocean Printables and Activities check out all of them!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com