Word ladders are one of my favorite ways for kids to learn. You get to build the word and have a fun time doing it. Plus you can make so many different words.
My youngest loves when we have these to build and make words with. They provide a great hands-on learning for her. She always gets excited when she sees them. Plus it helps build her vocab and spelling skills for school.
Today I have the free Diphthong Ladders for kids that are working on them!
I like that you can always print and use what you need with these ladders. It makes it easy to set up a center when you know the diphthongs you are going to be working on. These also work well with the vowel team ladders.
The wall cards provide them with examples of words that they could build. I give them just one of the cards at a time.
Once they get going they have tons of fun building the words. It allows them to mix up the letter and see what makes a real word vs a made up word.
What you will find in the Free Diphthong Ladders
- Diphthongs: -au words, -aw words, -ew words, -oi words, -oo words, -ou words, -ow words, -oy words2 ladders per page
- 5 Pages of printables
Diphthong Wall Cards & Ladder Selling Set
The Diphthong Wall Cards and Ladders has two different types of wall cards and matching ladders to use with the wall cards. Plus this set has the two sizes of wall cards with both types of cards. One is great for hanging on the wall and the second type makes a great flipbook for kids to use.
- Diphthongs: -au words, -aw words, -ew words, -oi words, -oo words, -ou words, -ow words, -oy words
- Diphthong Ladders
- 2 Cards per page or 4 Cards per page options
- Diphthong Cards Large with several words
- Diphthong Cards Lare with single image word ending
- Diphthong Cards small with several words
- Diphthong Cards small with single image word ending
- 19 pages
- Price: $2.50
You might also want to check out these other ladders:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com