Wall cards are VERY popular at our house. I’m always working on ways to make learning fun. We have the Dolch Preprimer and Primer and loved them. I thought it was time to expand on these fun sight word wall cards.
Today, I’m adding the Dolch First Grade list. What I really love about these cards are that the sight words are sorted by letter. Plus my youngest will be starting into these words soon.
Each card has all the sight words that start with that letter. Each letter is on its own card. This allows you to look at a few sight words at a time.
I printed our cards two per page on orange cardstock and laminated them. I then put them on a ring. This allows us to take the cards on the go or easy storage when you don’t have tons of space. You can use cards like these and the sight words lists to do an Easy Sight Word Evaluation.
There are also fun to use if you are doing the Alphabet Stomping Phonic Packs. You can throw in sight word wall cards for that letter while you work on the sounds.
What you will find in these printables:
- All 41 words from the Dolch First Grade Sight Words: after, again, an, any, ask, as, by, could, every, fly, from, give, going, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, when
- Wall cards with the starting letters: A, B, C, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, O, P, R, S, T, W
- 9 pages
Check out these other First Grade Sight Word Printables:
- Romping & Roaring First Grade Sight Word Packs
- Dolch First Grade Sight Words Playdough Mats with Tracing
- Sight Word Dolch Cards with Guides
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com