Blends have been a Huge hit at our house lately. It seems we can’t do enough with them. So to make things more fun I made some Blend Ladders. This is an easy way to make words that have blends in them.
These ladders work well for learning the blends you need to learn. You can use Appletters or other letter tiles to make the words so you can use them over and over. These are easy to use and fun for kids as well. You could also put them in sheet protectors and use dry erase markers to write in the letters. A lot of the time we just read through with the blend sound with a vowel. It gives them great reading practice and learn the sounds as well.
What you fill find these printables:
- One picture and blend at top
- The following blends: bl, br, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gl, gr, pl, pr, sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw, & tr.
- 2 ladders per page
- 10 pages of printables
What is in the Blends Wall Cards & Ladder Selling Set
The set has two options for the cards. You can get just a big picture and word ending or the multiple words on each wall card. Plus there is a new small and easy to print mini wall cards that are perfect for little hands and to use in centers.
What Is In The Blends Wall Cards & Ladder Selling Set contains 43 pages:
- Blends: bl, br, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gl, gr, pl, pr, sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw, tr
- Blends Beginning Sounds Ladders
- 2 Cards per page or 4 Cards per page options
- Blends Beginning Sounds Large with several words
- Blends Beginning Sounds Large with single image word ending
- Blends Beginning Sounds small with several words
- Blends Cards small with single image word ending
Things we plan on using with these Blends Word Ladders:
Here are some other Blends Printables:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com