February is always a huge month for me. It is the anniversary of when I started blogging. It has been 5 years since I started this blog. When I started out I had huge goals, I ran into what I wanted my goals for my blog to be the other day. I have kept notebooks of all my ideas and thoughts.
Those goals were to do gross motor posts and find a way to make my blog help other people who might have the same struggles as my family does.
Looking back I would love to say that I might have done some of my goals. I have not done as much gross motor post as I would like. And I think that might change. It is not well known, but my degree is in Physical Education and is what I did for a while. I think kids and moving should be fun and creative. I can see me doing more posts for this…so keep an eye out for them!
I would also love to hear how 3 Dinosaurs has helped YOU in the last 5 years! What has been the most help for you? And what would you love to see in the next year?
I can’t wait to hear your answers.
Each month I have three different areas that I work on: Blog, Family, and Personal. Why have three areas? Because there are the three essential parts of my life and each has different goals.
Each month the list change or stay the same because I need those reminders that I can check off. I’ve been filling the bigger goals on my monthly calendar so I can always look at them. Then check them off when they are doing. The simple ones go on my daily to-do list to check off.
February 2017 Blog Goals
I’m excited about February! I am every year. It has been five years since I started the blog. And I love doing it. I hope to keep doing it for many years. Last month I finally picked a place for a new letter. Yeah! I can’t wait to dive into and start sending them out! Plus I’ll be making a freebie just for those on the newsletter. I have loads of ongoing blog projects!
- Celebrate 5 years with a Week of Medieval/Fairy Tale Printables – themed voted on by everyone from facebook.
- Plan out what my month is going to have, so I can get what I want done and relax.
- Finish the Week of Free Valentines Themed Printables with Royal Baloo.
- Take Weekends off and work only during the week.
- Consider posting only 5 or 6 days a week
- Post more of our craft and hands on projects.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until may.
- Finish 3 smaller and 1 big selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Have my first every growing Bundle coming IN February: Look out for the Romping & Roaring Sight Easy Reader Books!
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Finish up working on Logo & Blog Design and pick a launch date.
- Learn how to use my new newletter I sighted up for.
- Update all the printables pages for new design – All Year long project.
- Look to hire VA help for certain projects
February 2017 Family Goals
February is a fun month for us we do so much and enjoy it. I’m looking forward to the month. I was not great at cleaning and getting stuff done last month. This month I hope to do better. I’m working on a wall art for our theme of the year: “A Clean House is a Calm House”. Maybe I’ll have it out next month. I need to have the reminder up for me to see.
February is breaks and snow days. I’m always preparing boxes that I can just pull out, and we do the activity. It can be a mix of things.
I need to work on my weekend free plan. I’ve not been doing that as much. I want time to spend with family.
- Prep Snow Day activity boxes.
- Plan fun activities for our February Break
- Read to my girls every day.
- Spend one weekend Computer Free for EVERYONE!
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Spend 15 minutes declutter one area every day until one area is clean. (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
- Clean out unused items and declutter the whole office
February 2017 Personal Goals
My personal goal is to get better about eating and what I’m eating. It will be my top goal for the month. I’m also working on losing weight again. I can do this and will do this. I am going to start doing business hours for myself. It might mean less blog stuff, but I want me to be important and not second fiddle.
- Get back to eating beter and be accountable for my food at the end of the day.
- Daily Fitness – walking 5 days at least week
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Keep my days organized and limit my time on task that take time away from other areas of my life
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Take weekends off! It no blog work at those times.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Get out of the house at least twice for something fun.
As always there are others joining me each month in posting goals! Be sure to check them out!
- Setting Goals for February 2017 by Mama Smiles
- Thrive in 2017: February Goals by Freshly Planted
- Goals February 2017 by Hot Drinks & Conversation
- February Monthly Goals 2017 by Kitchen Floor Crafts
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com