Our 2017 family theme is about cleaning and keeping things uncluttered. It is important for all of us to see that the house can be clean and kept clean without clutter everywhere.
It has not been an easy two months as things are moved around and changed. To help with this, I made a wall art remind me that it is worth it.
The wall art is also to remind my girls that I’m a calmer mommy when they house is clean.
Each month I have three different areas that I work on: Blog, Family, and Personal. Why have three areas? Because there are the three essential parts of my life and each has different goals.
Each month the list change or stay the same because I need those reminders that I can check off. I’ve been filling the bigger goals on my monthly calendar, so I can always look at them. Then check them off when they are doing. The simple ones go on my daily to-do list to check off.
March 2017 Blog Goals
There will be two very fun projects out this month. The Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs and the Romping & Roaring Preprimer Sight Word Easy Reader Books as a growing bundle! I can’t wait for you to see them. I have a lot going on, and I love working on the projects. Plus I’ll have my newsletter going out this month. You can sign up on the side of the blog.
I would love to say I’m doing great on all my goals, but doing better than I expected.
- Plan out what my month is going to have, so I can get what I need done and relax.
- Look for the 6 Days of Spring Printables from Royal Baloo and 3 Dinosaurs.
- Take Weekends off and work only during the week.
- Consider posting only 5 or 6 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Post more of our craft and hands-on projects.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until May. (Yes, this is hard!)
- Finish 3 smaller and 1 big selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Have my first every growing Bundle coming IN March: Look out for the Romping & Roaring Sight Easy Reader Books!
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Finish up working on Logo & Blog Design and pick a launch date.
- Learn how to use my new newsletter I sighted up for – Send out first newsletter – You can sign up on the side.
- Get a PO Box
- Update all the printables pages for new design – All Year long project.
- Look to hire VA help for certain projects
- Finish my end of year review and paper work
March 2017 Family Goals
We are working hard on the goal of cleaning out the house. It is a LONG project but will be worth it! I have my word art hanging to remind me of why we are cleaning and why it is worth it.
I also put a lot of my organizing printables in picture frames and hung them. That has been loads of fun. I can switch out my menus for the week, but it is now up where everyone can see them.
- Read to my girls every day.
- Spend one weekend Computer Free for EVERYONE!
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Spend 15 minutes declutter one area every day until one area is clean. (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
- Clean out unused items and declutter the whole office
March 2017 Personal Goals
I did better about my food but not the best. I over ate way too many times. Now I’m working hard on sticking to that and my step goal. That means no days slacking at all. Every day should be over 10,000 steps! I have a routine now that is working great, and I hope to keep up with it.
Plus I am taking breaks from things when I know I need to. That means I have days off and make time for me when I need it.
- Get back to eating beter and be accountable for my food at the end of the day.
- Daily Fitness – walking 5 days at least week
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Keep my days organized and limit my time on task that take time away from other areas of my life
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Take weekends off! It means no blog work at those times.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Get out of the house at least twice for something fun.
Clean House is a Calm House Wall Art
I just love this wall art because it reminds me WHY I am cleaning and why it is important. All too often I don’t consider that cleaning does affect everyone and not just my girls. I’m a better mom when my house is clean.
I also like that when saying is up somewhere it is not much mom saying it. They have a reminder hanging around. I want to make this the year we clean out the house.
Plus, I had a friend who said clean just makes her feel better. She spent two weeks and helped me organize my house and put order to things that were crazy. That friend passed away from cancer this last September. I hope that this would also remind me of her each time I see it.
What you will find in this printable:
- 8 x 11 1/2 paper size
- 1 page of printables
As always there are others joining me each month in posting goals! Be sure to check them out!
- MY METRO TWIST QUILT AND MARCH GOALS by Mama Smiles
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com