This months theme of What Will I Be When I Grow Up? is a great theme for kids! There are always books and ideas for learning about different jobs and things they can be. This is a great time to do some pretend play and have fun. There are some places you can can explore and learn about jobs. Check out a Firehouse and see if they will give you a tour. A lot of places are open to kids learning about jobs.
This month I know we will be looking closely at 3 books: Whose Vehicle Is This?: A Look at Vehicles Workers Drive – Fast, Loud, and Bright (Whose Is It?: Community Workers), Whose Hat Is This?: A Look at Hats Workers Wear – Hard, Tall, and Shiny (Whose Is It?: Community Workers), and Whose Tools Are These?: A Look at Tools Workers Use – Big, Sharp, and Smooth (Whose Is It?: Community Workers). I like how they explore the tools and the things they use in their jobs. It is fun to learn about them through different types of fun. So look for our fun with these later in the month.
Here are some other books we will be exploring with this months theme:
If you’re interested in joining this month’s Poppin Nook Book club, here’s what you need to do…
- Comment below and let us know that you are joining in!
- Pick your favorite What Will I Be When I Grow Up? (or a new one you want to check out) and read it with your child or class.
- Create an activity, project, craft, cooking project, etc. related to the book and do it.
- Come back and share it with us as part of a big What Will I Be When I Grow Up? blog hop on Monday, August 25th! The linky will be live for 3 weeks, so if you aren’t ready to post on the 25th… just join in when you can!
Here are some of the people joining in the link up this month.
July’s theme is Ye Old Pirates!: Chalk Pirate Flags.
August’s theme is What Will I Be When I Grow Up?. (August 25th is the link up).
You can see the dates to link up below for the upcoming themes:
- September 29th – The Wild West
- October 27th – Beyond Our Planet
- November 29th – To the Kitchen
- December – No Book Club
- January – To The Laboratory
- February 23 – Poetry
And with every month there is the lap book to help you out! This will help you with the theme for the month.
I hope that you can join up with us! I love looking at all the different ideas! And like me this month find a new book to possibly fall in love with!
Do you have a favorite What Will I Be When I Grow Up? If so comment and let me know!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com