Ten Frames are one of my favorite ways to learn with kids. There are so many ways you can use the cards.
I like having a mix of hands-on and no-prep to work with. It is one great thing about these activity sets. They have activities to meet the needs of different kids.
Today I have an Easter themed set for kids to use. It has easy reader books, many different cards and more!
One thing I love about these sets is that it is flexible is how you use and teach it. You have options for the different learning styles and levels. You can have one child fill out the ten frame to match the number and another cover the snowflakes or snowmen on the frames.
The Easter themed ten frame set could be used in PreK and Kindergarten. Plus it could be a review for those going into first grade.
Ten Frame Cards
Ten Frame cards make great centers for kids to use. I have made a few themed sets but I wanted to add a little more to this set. You are going find four different types of cards. Each card set goes from 1 to 20.
To make the cards last longer I recommend laminating them.
The first set of cards has a number and blank spaces to fill in. The set has easter eggs you can use. Or you can use the unifix cubes, or glass gems. Iknow that I have seen Easter egg erasers arounds in some stores that you could use as well.
The second set of cards has the number and the ten frame filled out. This is great for kids just working on learning ten frame counting.
The third set has the ten frame filled out and a space to write in or match the numbers. There are number 1 to 20 cards to match space on the cards.
The fourth set of cards is blank all the way around. This allows you to build the numbers as you go. It has a 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 option for them.
Ten Frame Worksheets
There are three different types of Easter themed Ten Frame Worksheets: worksheets with cards, no-prep writing in number and no-prep fill in ten frames.
The worksheet with the cards has two options from 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 or you could limit it to 11 to 20. Each sheet has a ten frame and a blank bunny. The kids pull the bunny card number card and fill in the bunny and ten frames to match the number.
The second worksheet is the no-prep writing in the numbers. The worksheet has the ten frames fill out with apples or pumpkins. They write the correct number on the snowflake or snowman to match the ten frame. There are options for 1 to 10 and 11 to 20.
The third worksheet has the bunnies signs filled in. They color the ten frames to match the number on the apple or pumpkin. There are options for 1 to 10 and 11 to 20. It is an easy no no-prep printable to use with kids.
Ten Frame Easy Reader Books
Easy reader books have been a great way to explore different parts of learning. Both of these books are a great addition to this. Each book works a set of numbers 1 to 10 or 11 to 20.
Each page in the books has a ten frame with Easter kids. The book has a spot to fill out how many easter eggs the boy or girl found.
If you want to add a hands-on activity to this you can use the blank frame card and fill it out to match as you go. I used unifix cubes to go on the cards and had the ten frame that matches the book.
Easter Ten Frames Actvities
What you will find in these printables:
- Easter Themed Ten Frame with a blank frame and filled out number cards with numbers 1 to 20
- Easter eggs to use in Blank Ten Frame Cards
- Easter Themed Ten Frame Cards with a filled out number and Ten Frames with numbers 1 to 20
- Easter Ten Frame Cards – Blank Number and filled out Ten Frame with numbers 1 to 20
- Easter Ten Frame with Blank Number and Ten Frame
- 1 to 20 Number Cards to Use on Ten Frame Number Matching
- Bunny Number Cards 1 to 20 to use with worksheets
- 10 Ten Frame Worksheet to use with bunnies Numbers 1 to 10 numbers and a page for teen numbers 11 through 20.
- No Prep 10 Frame Worksheets 1- 10 and 11 -20 – Fill in the Ten Frame
- No Prep 10 Frame Worksheets 1- 10 and 11 -20 – Fill in the Number
- Easter Egg Themed Ten Frame Easy Reader Book for numbers 1 to 10 (Single Print & Teacher Print)
- Easter Egg Themed Ten Frame Easy Reader Book for numbers 11 to 20 (Single Print & Teacher Print)
- Price: $4
Check out all the Easter Printables and Activities on 3 Dinosaurs.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com