It is amazing how fast time goes by. September was a busy month of settling in our house and getting school routines going. We have been working hard on all of that. I’m also taking loads of time to enjoy the fall with my family. That has been tons of fun for us.
I’ve also been very busy with things behind the scenes with the new website design and changes. Those are going to take a while to finish up but I can’t wait for you to see them.
I’m also working on several projects for a few teachers. Yes, I do work on requests from people. A lot of the products in my stores came from request from homeschoolers and teachers.
As always my goals are divided between the blog, family and personal. A lot of times there is one big goal that has many small parts to help it happen.
October 2017 Blog Goals
September was a busy month of updating the website and getting things done on the backend for a new website design. I’ve been planning and working on this forever it seems. But now I’m now doing it. I can’t wait for you all to see the changes. I hope to finish up the changes in October/November. It will be taking a lot of my time to get this done. I am having fun working on the design. There are loads of pages to be updated and changed.
I also hope to start having subscriber freebies soon! And part of the site will be going to subscribers only.
I have several really fun post coming out for some of the finish products on TPT plus a few others I’ve been working on. You can keep an eye out for them and previews of them on Instagram
- Update web site for https and design changes.
- States and Capitols set coming soon!
- Plan for the big fall release: Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until 2018!
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher as I make them.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon!
- Make a list of reuqested projects to finish
October 2017 Family Goals
We have been in full unpack mode at our house. It is taking forever to unpack everything. There are so many little things that got stuck in random boxes that it can make it hard. We are working on it.
- Upack more and declutter more!
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day.
- Read together as a family
- Do a Family Movie night twice a month
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
October 2017 Personal Goals
I will say I’ve not worked as hard on my personal goals as I should have. And it really does show. I know when I work on me I do better in everything else. It makes me a better person all around.
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Keep my days organized and limit my time on task that take time away from other areas of my life
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Listen to 5 fun books while unpacking
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
- Read at least one book about being a better parent
- Finish reading You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
Be sure to check out Mama Smiles post about switching from public to homeschool and her goals for the month.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com