Each month this year I am working on three big goals that break into smaller goals to make it happen. I write these post to keep me working on my goals.
I can always look back and see what I got done and did not get done with them. They keep me honest with my self and give me something to check out either daily, weekly or monthly. It is so important to have that list for me to use. I will get more done with something I see and remind myself of each month.
April’s theme was taking time to look at the life around me. May’s theme is taking time to pick the flowers. For the first time, we have flowers to pick and it has reminded me that slowing down is not a bad thing. I want to slow down and look around.
As always my goals are broken down into 3 groups: blog, family and personal.This helps me focus on what I need for each group.
May 2018 Blog Goals
April was an odd month for me. As much I always want to be ahead of my blogging it is one goal I always want to get 100% on. It was not great but I did get ahead on my posts and printables which made life easier. Now to keep it that way.
I also have officially started on a new blog design and new backend pages. It will take a while to get it all done but I’m getting there. I can’t wait for you to see it!
- Have a Farm Themed Week
- Also plan ahead to take part of the summer off
- Set business hours and stick to them
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes. I got a few one up already have you seen them?
- Plan for the big spring release: Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs (Coming VERY soon)
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher as I make them.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon! I hope to roll out with the new blog design
May 2018 Family Goals
We have officially been in our new house a year this month. I hope to finish up some projects in our house and stop have some area look like box city. It has been an amazing year and we love the house.
- Upack more and declutter more – Working on 5 boxes a week
- Organize what we have unpack better
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day.
- Take time to just be with my girls
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
May 2018 Personal Goals
I got my class all going and up to date but did horrible with everything else. It was a hard month. I did celebrate a birthday and that was nice as always. I was bada bout my snacks and foods. So I’m working on doing better in May. A healthier me is a happier me. 🙂
- Do all my Online parenting class this month! Put it on my to-do list!
- Plan 2 personal activities out of the house
- Limit all sugary drinks and snacks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
- Look for the joy in things I used to do
Check out there other goals that people are doing:
Mama Smiles May goals are great and include taking photos just to take them not because she has to. I love that one.
Cassie – 3 Dinosaurs.com