I know that I’m always looking for new and different activities that work for the seasons. Winter has so many fun themes for kids to learn with.
I know that kids love change and that is one thing seasonal printables can do! It gives them a change in working on similar things but with the current season.
This set has some fun activities for prewriting, ABCs, shapes, and numbers! All of them work towards helping kids learn in a fun way.
This set was made to help you have an easy way to set up similar activities to meet different needs. The set has a collection of favorite types of activities.
You are going to find no-prep pages, easy reader books, tracing strips, and clip cards. All in the same mittens and snowman theme for winter.
Things to use with the Winter Activities Pack
This is a list of items we commonly use to prepare and use these printables. You don’t need to have them all but they do help.
- copy paper
- white cardstock
- 1 inch ring
- laminating pouches
- dry erase markers
- dot marker or bingo daubers
How to use things from Winter Activities Pack with Prewriting, Shapes, ABCs, and Numbers
There are several types of prewriting activities in the set. I know that we have really enjoyed in the prewriting in the pictures. It has been loads of fun. A great theme for winter in mittens.
You are going to find several beginning lines, thin lines, and lines between mittens for kids to do prewriting.
There is also a prewriting easy reader book. It is about the string between the two mittens.
You also have tracing strips. I love these because they are super handy to have for kids to work on the same skill over and over. You can laminate them and put them on rings. Then you use dry erase markers on them over and over.
There is a fun set of snowman shape tracing pages. They have the following shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, rhombus, star, heart, and crescent.
You can see the single shape on the page for kids to trace and learn with. There is also an easy reader book version for kids to use as well.
You can also have fun with the shape clip cards. I love clip cards because you get to do a little fine motor work. You can print these on white cardstock and laminate them. I use clothespins on ours but you can use anything to mark them.
Next, we have the alphabet themed printables in the set!
You have two types of ABC no-prep pages. You can do the single letter pages or the mix letter groups. These are fun to do. We love the circles and dotting them with dot marker.
There are two sets of clip cards in the set. You have matching letters and matching uppercase and lowercase letters. We printed ours on white cardstock and laminated them. This makes it them last longer when we use them over and over. We used clothespins for the clipping.
The set also has tracing strips for the ABCs. These come in three types. You have uppercase and lowercase together, uppercase only and lowercase only. All three make it easy to work on what you need. I recommend printing on white cardstock and laminating them. It lets you use a dry erase markers on them over and over.
And last is the number printables in the set.
The set has numbers 0 to 10 in it. The theme is mittens and is loads of fun. The mitten has a mix of different dots on them.
You have a no-prep tracing page with the mitten theme. You can see the dot or circles on the mitten. You can count the dots and even dot them and then trace the number.
You can also have a similar activity with the mitten counting book! This has numbers 0 to 10 for kids to work on their numbers while reading.
The set has matching tracing strips. The mittens from the book and the tracing pages match these. You have numbers 0 to 10 with 3 options for tracing the numbers. I recommend printing on white cardstock and laminating them. Then you can use dry erase markers on them over and over. We put ours on rings to help keep them together.
You will also find three types of clip cards for the numbers. There is a set that matches the mittens, Which number comes next and which snowman has more mittens. These are all fun ways to work on numbers.
What is in the Winter Activities Pack with Prewriting, Shapes, ABCs, and Numbers
A fun collection of activities that work get together for kids to learn this winter. You can no-prep, hands-on, easy reader books and tracing strips. All to help with learning.
What you will find in the printable:
- Mitten Shape Prewriting Thick Line
- Mitten Shape Prewriting Thin Line
- Mitten Prewriting Lines
- Mitten Prewriting Strips Thick Line
- Mitten Prewriting Strips Thin Line
- My Mittens Prewriting Book Single Print
- My Mittens Prewriting Book Teacher Print
- Snowman Themed Shape Tracing
- Snowman Shape Tracing Strips
- Mitten Shape Clip Cards
- Snowman Shape Book Single Print
- Snowman Shape Book Teacher Print
- Mitten Color by ABCs – Two letters per page
- Mitten Color by ABCs matching uppercase and lowercase letters with tracing
- Mitten Clip Cards for matching Uppercase letters
- Mitten Clip Cards for Matching Uppercase with lowercase letters
- ABC Tracing Strips with uppercase and lowercase letters
- ABC Tracing Strips with uppercase only letters
- ABC Tracing Strips with lowercase only letters
- Mitten Number Clip Cards 1 to 10
- Snowman Number Clip Cards Which comes next
- Mitten Clip Cards
- Mitten Number Chart
- Mitten with Tracing 1 to 10
- Mitten Counting Book 0 to 10 Single Print
- Mitten Counting Book 0 to 10 Teacher Print
- Mitten Number Tracing Strips 0 to 10 Number digit and word
- Mitten Number Tracing Strips 0 to 10 Number digit
- Mitten Number Tracing Strips 0 to 10 Number word
- Which Snowman Has More Mitten Clip Cards
- Price: $10
Be sure to check out all the winter printable & activities.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com