When I started to reflect on my month, I thought of all the things that had gone wrong. I traveled suddenly for a funeral, had sick kids for a week and life was in chaos.
I just knew that I did not get any of my goals done. That in this mess where so much had gone wrong that when I checked my list off for the final time that I would not see my goals done.
I was shocked to see I had got goals done. That even though it was not all of them a lot did get done. That without my list I would have felt like nothing had been done when in fact a lot more got done than I realize.
I also realized that taking time off and taking things easier was really nice. The extra time I had with my family did more good than I would have been without that time.
As always my goals are divided between the three things: blog, family and personal.
March 2018 Blog Goals
February was a really slow month for the blog. It turned 6 years old. Which is huge. I was only going to do this a year and be done! Yes, one year. And here I am 6 years later still going. Because of last minute travel for a funeral and taking most of the month off because of this. I did not get my goals done. BUT I did get a few things started. I will have one of the big selling sets out this month. I’m also going to be doing it as a growing bundle with a low starting price. So keep at eye out for that. I’ll be letting those on my newsletter know about it first!
- Have A Themed Week of Dinosaurs for the 6 year anniversary
- Start round up themes on the blog for my non-seasonal activities (Do you have a round up of mine you would like to see done?)
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes.
- Plan for the big winter release: Romping & Roaring Second Grade Sight Word Packs & Interactive Number Books (Coming VERY soon)
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Don’t buy any new supplies until May 2018!
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher as I make them.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon!
- Make a list of requested projects to finish – Do you have a request?
March 2018 Family Goals
I did get family goals done. It was strange but I made time for it. I enjoyed seeing a lot of my family as I traveled for a funeral. It was sad but good at the same time. I had my parents visit and I took time off from everything to spend a little time with them and my girls. We had a fun time. It is always important to remember family.
- Upack more and declutter more!
- Organize what we have unpack better
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day.
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
March 2018 Personal Goals
My personal goals really went bad this month. I know that when my personal goals get done everything else happens. Don’t let people tell you that personal time and things for yourself are not important. They are! I hope to improve in March and see progress at the end.
- Limit all sugary drinks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
- Read at least one book about being a better parent
- Look for the joy in things I used to do
Be sure to check out these other bloggers goals:
- March and April, plus monthly goals for March 2018 by Mama Smiles – She has some fun books lined up to read!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com