Sequencing is a huge part of learning. We all learn a thing in steps. I love teaching in different steps. I’ve made several seasonal sequencing sets and have loved them.
I’m starting a new bundle for Nursery Rhymes, Fairy Tales, and Folk Tales! These are a great way to explore retelling stories or working on new stores. Plus there are so many great stories to tell.
We have included links to some of the products and resources we have used with this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
Each story in the collection has 3 part cards, clip cards, writing, cut and paste and an easy reader book with matching writing. They come in different word types and themes that you can use with kids that might be at different learning levels.
Sequencing Card Set for Stories currently has the following nursery rhymes, fairy tales and folk tales:
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Goldielocks & the Three Bears
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Jack and Jill
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- 3 Little Pigs
- Little Miss Muffet
- Humpty Dumpty
- Old Mother Hubbard
- Little Red Hen
- 3 Billy Goats
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- Jack Be Nimble
- Little Bo Peep
- Hansel and Gretel
With more coming soon:
Mary Mary Quite Contrary
Little Red Riding Hood
This is a growing sequencing bundle. So new sets will be added each week! As new sets are added the price goes up. There will be at least 16 sets in the bundle.
How we used these Sequencing Set for Stories
You can start with the 3 part cards. These cards work for building the order of the cards. They come in 3 types: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th; first, second, third, fourth; and first, then, next, last. These allow you to use the words that work best for you. They also work well to teach that different words can be used for ordering events. I know people have asked for different options because not everyone teaches these the same way.
There are several types of clip cards for kids to work with. You have options to match up to the wording of the 3 part cards. This allows them to build on what they know. Plus the 3 part cards without the lines can be used to help teach the order of the story and a self-check for the clip cards. We use clothespins with our clip cards but paperclips work great as well.
Each set included three different cut and paste cards. This allows you to use the set that meets the needs of your kids. Plus if you have kids at different levels you can use the same idea but with different kids. There are three sets of cut and paste. They come in 1, 2, 3, 4; first, second, third, fourth; and read the sentences & put in order.
There are several writing pages. You have some that can be used with or without the book. There are a cut and paste picture and write the sentence. A set to write the sentence using other cards from the set. The last set is writing with a wordlist off to the side to help them.
You can see an example of the Jack & Jill set below.
Each set includes an easy reader book that works on the 4 steps of the story. It has matching writing pages with it. They are simple and easy to use. Plus the book matches up with the rest of the set. The book has 6 pages and 4 steps in the middle with a cover page and ending page.
You can see an example from the Baa Baa Black Sheep set.
What You Will Find in the Sequencing Cards Set for Stories: Nursery Rhymes, Folk Tales and Fairy Tale
It has 8 sets of Sequencing Themed Sequencing cards, worksheets, and easy reader books for the following themes: Nursery Rhymes, Fairy Tales, and Folk Tales.
What you will find the Full Seqencing Set for Stories:
- Has the following stories: Itsy Bitsy Spider, Goldielocks & the Three Bears, Hey Diddle Diddle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Jack and Jill, Jack and the Beanstalk, 3 Little Pigs, Little Miss Muffet, Humpty Dumpty, Old Mother Hubbard, Little Red Hen, Jack Be Nibmble, Hickory Dickroy Dock, Mary Had A Little Lamb, 3 Billy Goats Gruff, Hansel and Gretel, Little Bo Peep and MORE COMING SOON.
- Clip Cards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
- Task Cards for writing the Sequencing Order
- 3 Part Cards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
- Clip Cards for first, second, third, fourth
- 3 Part Cards for first, second, third, fourth
- Clip Cards for first, then, next, last
- 3 Part Cards for first, then, next, last
- Writing Page for first, second, third, fourth
- Writing Page for first, second, third, fourth with word bank
- Writing Page for first, then, next, last
- Writing Page for first, then, next, last with word bank
- Writing Page for first, second, third, fourth with cut and paste pictures
- Writing Page for first, then, next, last with cut and paste pictures
- Cut and Paste Pictures for 1, 2, 3, 4
- Cut and Paste Pictures for first, second, third, fourth
- Cut and Paste Pictures & Sentences for 1, 2, 3, 4
- Writing Page that goes along with the Easy Reader Book
- Trace Page that goes along with the Easy Reader Book
- Easy Reader Book Single Print
- Easy Reader Book Teacher Print Print
- Word Bank Bookmarks in Color and Black & white – single and teacher print
- 566 pages and growing
- Price: $23
Sequencing: 3 Little Pigs
Sequencing: Baa Baa Black Sheep
Sequencing: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Sequencing: Hey Diddle Diddle
Sequencing: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Sequencing: Jack & Jill
Sequencing: Jack & the Beanstalk
Sequencing: Little Miss Muffet
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com