Every day we are doing some writing. It could be a journal, practicing our sight words or vocabulary words. There is never a time that all three of my girls are not writing. I love that themed paper can change up the everyday activity and make it fun.
This transportation themed writing paper is great for those kids that just love cars, planes, and trains. I know that my girls do get motivated to do more when I have something that is different for them to do. My youngest is really into cars and she has just loved this weeks theme of transportation! For my girls’ themes paper make learning fun.
I love matching up themes with words every now and then. This set of paper works great with some of the following word endings or beginnings: pl-, tr-, -ip, -ub, -ar, -ike are just a few examples you could write words on.
We pulled out some of the -ar word family and practice doing some of our writing on the car theme page.
The first style of paper has guidelines on it. This is a great way for kids that still need help making sure their letters are formed correctly. There are two pages for the guidelines: one with a name and one without the name. You can see the one without the name below.
The second page has just lines for writing. This is great for those in second grade and older. I know from my girls that they love having themed activities at their level of learning.
There are many ways to use the papers. Here are a few ways that we have used them.
- Write a Travel log
- Make writing about where the vehicle is taking them
- Practice writing CVC & CVCC word family words
- Practive writing sight words
- Write a book report
- Practice writing letters
- Practice writing numbers
- Practice writing their name
- Practice writing their address
- Practice writing their phone number
- Practice spelling Words
- Practice writing the day of the week
- Practice writing months of the year
- Keep a journal of what you do
- Write letters to grandparents or other family
What you will find in these printables:
- 8 different vehicles – 4 pages for each picture
- Pages with lines with name and page with just lines
- Pages with guidelines with name and page with just guidelines
- 32 pages of printables
Check out these other Transportation activities:
- Fun Transportation Easy Reader Book For Kids
- Flying Fun Air Vehicle Themed Counting Mats
- Zooming Transportation Themed Addition Clip Cards
Check out all the printables from the 31 Days of Free Printables October 2016!
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com